What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up, worked out, returned to the apartment and am lounging around with the lady as we drink coffee, very soon she has to get ready to head to the Spa for Female-Friday and I have to figure out what to do between that moment and when I cook dinner. One thing I must do is buy and install a small 8-10 long gun safe in the hall closet without causing too much damage. Another thing I want to do is locate the owner the F8 green Challenger in the parking ramp. We are going to be car buddies if he/she knows it or not. We don't need to actually speak or hang out, we just need to know that we are both the coolest people in the building.

The railroad is giving me a present for my birthday - a big derailment to work on in Elm Creek, Nebraska. We're headed out there now and I'm guessing we will see the sun rise before we're done. So I'll be getting overtime, probably double time before it's over, and Uncle Sam will be getting a present too when he gets his cut...

I'm taking two courses at College of Southern Idaho (CSI), and both have exams this week. One is International Relations, from the Political Science department; the other is an Astronomy survey. The first one's easy, the second one's fun, but harder.

Dawn and I can go to college for free because we're old, and I chose to take the courses for credit. From now on, I'll use the audit option, so even though I would do the labs and take the exams (if I wanted to) but wouldn't have to worry about grads because I wouldn't be getting any lol!

Tomorrow, we'll be doing yard-work and cleaning out the last of last year's dead plants in the garden.

I'm taking two courses at College of Southern Idaho (CSI), and both have exams this week. One is International Relations, from the Political Science department; the other is an Astronomy survey. The first one's easy, the second one's fun, but harder.

Dawn and I can go to college for free because we're old, and I chose to take the courses for credit. From now on, I'll use the audit option, so even though I would do the labs and take the exams (if I wanted to) but wouldn't have to worry about grads because I wouldn't be getting any lol!

Tomorrow, we'll be doing yard-work and cleaning out the last of last year's dead plants in the garden.
Good to see you Duncan !

power is off, and it's off everywhere, just looked the outage map. We are running the generator right now , internet is plugged into that
Roads are flooded all over the place, main roads are blocked by trees. It looks like we might be able to get to where we need to go, but I would rather stay home. Festival however is not cancelled. Still thinking about it. We actually got a flood warning on the phone, first time I have ever seen that since we moved here
Oh, and it's still raining and super windy. I almost couldn't cook lunch because the propane stove kept getting blown out by the wind ( under the porch , protected pretty well)

power is off, and it's off everywhere, just looked the outage map. We are running the generator right now , internet is plugged into that
Roads are flooded all over the place, main roads are blocked by trees. It looks like we might be able to get to where we need to go, but I would rather stay home. Festival however is not cancelled. Still thinking about it. We actually got a flood warning on the phone, first time I have ever seen that since we moved here
Oh, and it's still raining and super windy. I almost couldn't cook lunch because the propane stove kept getting blown out by the wind ( under the porch , protected pretty well)
Stay home and be SAFE!

The railroad is giving me a present for my birthday - a big derailment to work on in Elm Creek, Nebraska. We're headed out there now and I'm guessing we will see the sun rise before we're done. So I'll be getting overtime, probably double time before it's over, and Uncle Sam will be getting a present too when he gets his cut...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Well, I bought and installed a small rifle safe in the hall closet. I had the choice between spending a small fortune on a good quality but way overpriced safe, several hundred dollars on a medium quality safe or a few hundred dollars on a tin can masquerading as a safe. I went with the medium quality and added a cellular motion sensor and a wireless video camera with battery backup. Not ideal but it will do until we can move into a house, hopefully by spring.

So far wrapped up a birthday gift for a young girl, made cheddar and ricotta and a batch of oatmeal monsters for Hubby. Need to get out to the garage and build some platforms for the spare room bed before MIL spends the night next week.
Should also work outside before weather turns.

Hopefully the after party is rockin’ or they need to go on the not invited list for next year!

I did way too much this week, my body went on strike this morning. Couldn’t think clearly either, good ol’ cfs reminding me who’s boss. It's like moving in slow motion in a fog.

Spent the day trying to get either of my big pumps running, welll, half the day was spent trying to find all the hoses, connections and gear. That part was successful but still couldn’t get either pump to run or the weedeater. So a trip to the nearest station for fresh non-ethanol fuel, got 15g. Didn’t help, guess I’ll be carrying water for the calf until I can pump 250g of water from my cousin’s pond. Oh, schedule got moved up a day, calf will be here tomorrow instead of Sunday. Everything else was ready yesterday.

Finally had enough… gonna fry some catfish for dinner and watch tv afterwards.

Latest posts

Back