What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not happening. He only has one lung that works. Now he says it's missing a piece to the stand and there's nothing more in the box. It has two glasses with it.
Yeah I kinda know about the lung stuff. I have a bad case of bronchitis right now in the upper tubes My volume is half what it should be at 2500 full strength draw and 2250 with the marker at best rate.
An 80 year old my size should be 3100 and 70 is 3500.

With only one, I know he is struggling in the heat and humidity Big Hugs for you all keeping him going @Amish Heart It is a struggle when the air gets thick.

Yes !!! Weekend is over 🤪

But this coming week will be the HELL week until next Saturday
It will be a gross week temperature like 80s and 90s :mad:
So I cant wait for next SUNDAY supposed to be 57f - 60f

I said it earlier I did work like crazy today in basement
but more have to be done

What a day ..I dont know about you guys
but I am really exhausted 🥱😴

Wish you a relaxing and cozy night
You know ..sleeping like a log ☺️

Nite Nite

Jake and I drug out all of our camping junk and started getting ready for the bike rally next weekend.

IMG_3986.jpeg

I think I survived the weekend 🤪
Friday night- wedding and reception for young couple. Made it to bed about 10:30 pm. Hubby didn’t sleep well so woke up and ended up sorta tricking me by starting the coffee early so I woke up at 3:30 AM - not enough sleep 😴. Hubby went to work for a bit. I got a few things done around the house then laid down to take a nap about 9:30. Was just dozing off and Hubby called to tell me something about work 😣. I did doze a little but not enough to make up for lack of sleep. Then got ready and drove about an hour and a half to a graduation party for SIL and youngest niece. They got to walk together 😍. Made it home just before 7 pm. Got to bed between 8:30-9 pm and slept until 6 AM! Oh yeah, yesterday was Pa’s bday so happy birthdayed him. Today is Hubby’s bday and Father’s Day so I took him fishing 🎣. Water was too high for fishing but I found a gold mine in pine pitch. Came home with almost 2 liters 😍. Have it heated and in oil to begin infusing. My hands have pitch stains all over them which is quite the look 👀 but they smell good 😂
Just sat down and tomorrow is back to work. Glad all these doings are over- whew!

I've hit my limit for writing this day. Hope tomorrow is as productive. I got over 10,000 words done today, I am now past half of the minimum 40,000 words for this partner. I'm aiming for the max because I know if I love a book, I love a LOT of it, not a little. Short and Sweet can taste defeat.

Also, listened to the hypnosis files I commissioned to make me enjoy cleaning, and prime my dreams for tonight before watching my favorite tv show.

I think I survived the weekend 🤪
Friday night- wedding and reception for young couple. Made it to bed about 10:30 pm. Hubby didn’t sleep well so woke up and ended up sorta tricking me by starting the coffee early so I woke up at 3:30 AM - not enough sleep 😴. Hubby went to work for a bit. I got a few things done around the house then laid down to take a nap about 9:30. Was just dozing off and Hubby called to tell me something about work 😣. I did doze a little but not enough to make up for lack of sleep. Then got ready and drove about an hour and a half to a graduation party for SIL and youngest niece. They got to walk together 😍. Made it home just before 7 pm. Got to bed between 8:30-9 pm and slept until 6 AM! Oh yeah, yesterday was Pa’s bday so happy birthdayed him. Today is Hubby’s bday and Father’s Day so I took him fishing 🎣. Water was too high for fishing but I found a gold mine in pine pitch. Came home with almost 2 liters 😍. Have it heated and in oil to begin infusing. My hands have pitch stains all over them which is quite the look 👀 but they smell good 😂
Just sat down and tomorrow is back to work. Glad all these doings are over- whew!
Get any on Your finger Nails...?!?

Love me some camping, but even too hot for me in the shade for a tent unless you have a portable fan right now.
I would guess a person had better have a shady spot picked out for it early

Sounds like a great father and son outing @hashbrown I am sure you will have More to do than you will get to and make a bunch of memories.

Better watch the last picture though, Whooo that cup could get you in a heap of trouble fast and maybe worth it anyway, heheheheh

Figuring out a fuel stoppage problem on the B-O-A-T thing runs great as long as you get fuel to it but after draining out the old gas and replacing it Either the siphon check valve, the line or the tank strainer seems to be stopped up.

Had to put an air powered vacuum pump on it the first time to start it drawing, don't want to get to the lake and do the same thing where there is no pump.

I am leaning toward the check valve, but WHO KNOWS, may get a straight fitting and a stick it in there to see if that is the problem but it has to have an SC valve to pass Coast Guard certification if the fuel line drops below the top of the tank ANYWHERE.

I have a friend who owns a boat shop, maybe he has a new valve in stock, I can drop it by there for a bit and get a REAL opinion.

debating on what to do today
need to get some dog food, down to last 2 bags, need to get that relay from the autoparts store, need to get some groceries .
It is supposed to thunderstorm today but that means nothing around here, sometimes the storms just go around us . But it could also pour. I will still water the garden this morning but the animals might stay where they have some shelter.
My sourdough is huge, hope it didn't sit too long and deflates when I bake it. About to put it in the oven

Sourdough update Sonya!! Unexpected day off, my Monday couple are still having problems. He is in the hospital again, they have a niece staying at the house. I will clean for them later in the week. Going to trim Buddy's hooves this morning, clean his water trough and Bear's pool. I'll also spray vegetation killer on the back fenceline and a few other places! Always a long list, so no telling what I'll do after that! Hubby needs a haircut and Bear needs a nail trim!

Waiting, just Waiting...!!! Hope All here Have A Good and Blessed Day...!! 🐝 Careful Out there as it is supposed 2 🐝 berry berry HOT...!

Writing marathon, should be done with book 2 in a few days. Chugging black coffee and sugar while I listen to "I had some help" by Post Malone on loop for hours at a time.
Book 2 down!

Started book 3 today. I'm aiming for 7 or more. I have a source material I'm working from and as soon as it's done I'm polishing it. Hoping to get two books done today. 😈

Phone woke me up. It claimed to be from within my area code. I was groggy and answered "Hello". Guy on the other end laughed, coughed, and hung up. Guess it was a prank call or something. Phone only logs incoming calls if we don't pick up but it was probably a spoofed number anyway.

Went and located some of the studs in the laundry room, marked them with tape, and measured their locations and put those marks in Sketchup. Only a couple of them are spaced at 16" on center, the rest are oddly positioned. And I've got the old 2x4s in there so they are 1.75" thick instead of 1.5". Looking at the position of one of the studs, it may conflict with where I want to put the recessed mirror, but worst case I can always bump it over or make it in to a jack stud and build a box around the mirror. Hell, I can re-use the existing box for it if need be.

Mom paged and said she had low blood sugar so I got her some sugary stuff. She got her insulin pump in but not the insulin for it. The Diabetes supply place called when I was in the middle of working on the pump stuff trying to get it to work and I forgot to call them back. Will have to do that in a couple of minutes.

Hoping Mom will be up to going to Alexandria so she can find something to wear to the wedding.

Coffee, Fed the shop tigers,rainy weather isn't good hunting, everybody was interested in kibble

Got paid three times as much as usual. If this keeps up I'll be able to get those supplies I need. However, this paycheck is being spent on medicines.

Green medicines.

Then I'm going to pay back a friend who made some hypnosis files for me, commission a new one, and stock up on groceries for the next few weeks.

Then preying that I have enough, I might get the book cover for this series done by a digital artist. Which will come back to me next tax season because it counts as a business expense. :D

Anybody/one Buying Pre-Assembled Cabinets for Kitchen and bathroom 🐝 4Warned, assembly 2day is Nothing like it was in the Past...!!! I used to work at a cabinet Making Factory in So. Fl and All Our pieces were done by Man an Machine ie, Table saw Drill Press etc...!! 2day it is all Machine...!

Attachments

• June172024 034.jpg
    June172024 034.jpg
    1.3 MB
  • June172024 035.jpg
    June172024 035.jpg
    1.4 MB
  • June172024 036.jpg
    June172024 036.jpg
    1.1 MB
  • June172024 037.jpg
    June172024 037.jpg
    1.3 MB
  • June172024 038.jpg
    June172024 038.jpg
    1.2 MB
  • June172024 039.jpg
    June172024 039.jpg
    1.3 MB
  • June172024 040.jpg
    June172024 040.jpg
    1.2 MB
  • June172024 041.jpg
    June172024 041.jpg
    1.4 MB
Last edited:
More pics :

Attachments

• June172024 042.jpg
    June172024 042.jpg
    1.4 MB
  • June172024 043.jpg
    June172024 043.jpg
    1,002.4 KB
  • June172024 044.jpg
    June172024 044.jpg
    1.1 MB
  • June172024 045.jpg
    June172024 045.jpg
    1.2 MB
  • June172024 046.jpg
    June172024 046.jpg
    1.4 MB
  • June172024 047.jpg
    June172024 047.jpg
    1,014.7 KB
  • June172024 048.jpg
    June172024 048.jpg
    1.3 MB
  • June172024 049.jpg
    June172024 049.jpg
    1.4 MB
More pics :

Attachments

• June172024 027.jpg
    June172024 027.jpg
    1.3 MB
  • June172024 028.jpg
    June172024 028.jpg
    1.4 MB
  • June172024 029.jpg
    June172024 029.jpg
    1.4 MB
  • June172024 030.jpg
    June172024 030.jpg
    1.3 MB
  • June172024 031.jpg
    June172024 031.jpg
    1.3 MB
  • June172024 032.jpg
    June172024 032.jpg
    1.3 MB
  • June172024 033.jpg
    June172024 033.jpg
    1.3 MB
That excess Glue/Sealer just Flakes Off and I still have to Seal the Bottom where the Walls Connect to the base...!!! :waiting::waiting::waiting:

Preparing for a few days of rain.. weeded the garden, settled the horses in the back where they have shelter and hay, had to run into town for some last minute things before Mr. Texas Charm leaves for Myrtle Beach tomorrow.. Had a date lunch at DQ, shared a hot fudge sundae, then stopped and picked up $100 worth of pantry items before heading back to the casa.

Tonight we relax, Mr TC will be up early headed to the airport in the morning...

Last edited:
I did a dumb.

I rode my electric scooter to the store. Bought 3x as many groceries would fit in my backpack, and crammed some butter and tea in my pockets. Then I went riding home after stuffing everything but a bag of chips in.

If you lived on that route and were looking outside at the right time, you'd see a man with his pants down to his calves with his legs spread to keep the overloaded pockets from falling down, as I scoot by with handlebars in one hand and a bag of chips in the other, wearing a oddly shaped backpack full to the brim with groceries.

But I made it home with all my stuff.

Latest posts

Back