why no aquarium has a great white shark

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some things are just best left in the wild, so basically it's public execution knowing the shark will die in roughly 6 months, so it really has nothing to do with studying or science regarding the shark but everything to do with money? at 2:54 mark "aquarium attendance jumped 30 percent while the shark was on display" I'm not an animal lover but what a waste, I see no reason to keep the GW in captivity if this is the case.

Some things are just best left in the wild, so basically it's public execution knowing the shark will die in roughly 6 months, so it really has nothing to do with studying or science regarding the shark but everything to do with money? at 2:54 mark "aquarium attendance jumped 30 percent while the shark was on display" I'm not an animal lover but what a waste, I see no reason to keep the GW in captivity if this is the case.

Yep. Hence why they're all going out of business and justifiably so.

I agree.

One great white was in captivity in California for a while, but everyone was horrified when it attacked and killed another shark that was in the tank with it.

This is something I flat out don't understand: It's a great white...a badass apex predator. Why would anyone think that it wouldn't eat a tankmate?

Also, why are idiots (ie: parents of kids who were there on a field trip) entitled to sue for emotional distress when they paid to see the shark?

They did release it into the wild after this.

People can be soooo stoopid.

Also, why are idiots (ie: parents of kids who were there on a field trip) entitled to sue for emotional distress when they paid to see the shark?

yep, sorry Jr. but if you go to a zoo, you're likely going to see some animals get it on or attack another animal. get over it snowflake.... lol

Latest posts

Back