WILD BOAR RECIPES

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim haven't done wild boar yet but we have done a few of these "Warthog"
View attachment 5228
Had o look through those recipies they look quite nice.
What we found with the Warthogs is to stay away from the old males because their meat is very, very rank. We usually put the whole hog on the spit, we baste(inject) the hog for a week with a mixture of white wine, olive oil, garlic, and spices to your taste kept in a very cool place, walk in freezer. It goes on the spit for between 4 & 6 hours depending on the heat of the fire and also if its a open or closed spit.
uploadfromtaptalk1454994866052.jpg

Sometimes we have made "Cabanossi" from the hogs, very similar to the salami but you have to add some fat from a plain hog due to the fact that warthogs have a very lean meat.
uploadfromtaptalk1454995290353.jpg

Jim haven't done wild boar yet but we have done a few of these "Warthog"
View attachment 5228
Had o look through those recipies they look quite nice.
What we found with the Warthogs is to stay away from the old males because their meat is very, very rank. We usually put the whole hog on the spit, we baste(inject) the hog for a week with a mixture of white wine, olive oil, garlic, and spices to your taste kept in a very cool place, walk in freezer. It goes on the spit for between 4 & 6 hours depending on the heat of the fire and also if its a open or closed spit.
View attachment 5230
Sometimes we have made "Cabanossi" from the hogs, very similar to the salami but you have to add some fat from a plain hog due to the fact that warthogs have a very lean meat.
View attachment 5231
That spit looks like a great place to hang out for the weekend! Wish we were closer, I'd bring wine and vegetables.

im wondering if anyone has used these wild boar recipes,or similar..and if so.were they worth going with?

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/top-8-wild-boar-recipes/

edit

and if not..do you have any good recipes?
Meats are easy to cook. I like to rub the spices I use most, pepper, onion, garlic and sear the outsides in a pan first, then slow roast. It dosent matter wether in an oven or over coals, though coals give that wonderful smokey flavor. Damn, I'm hungry again!

Latest posts

Back