World Cup 2014

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Neighbor
Sooooo. Did anyone else see the Brazil vs Croatia game?! Brazil scored the FIRST GOAL of the World Cup against...... THEMSELVES! Bahahahahahahahaha! That was great.... Even if they did come back strong against Croatia!

My nephew and I went through and picked our favorites for each group. I looked at the way the Cup advances and man... That's not easy to figure out! It's not all about winning, I guess. I'm looking forward to learning how to figure it all out and in seeing if my picks come up after the Groups Round. So far, I'm spot on having picked Brazil(But who didn't I guess).

I think that Brazil will do good if they can start controlling the ball more. Spain has a good shot at making the final and so does Argentina. I don't think that England, Netherlands or German will do good due to the heat. With the game, last night there were to many times that both teams lost control of the ball. The spanish would have dominated them.

Holland SPANKED Spain's a** last night! That was the BEATING of the Cup, I bet. If there's a bigger whooping and more exciting game then I'll owe you a beer. Kelly(From Netherlands) even said that they don't play "Beautiful or graceful football in Holland." Well he scored out two of the most graceful and fancily footworked goals I've ever seen. I was amazed.

Mexico's game was great yesterday too, I though. I can't believe that they kept getting called offsides and having their goals taken away. They still pulled it out, but I imagine that losing those 2(Or was it 3) goals will affect them in the next round. We'll just have to wait and see. After hearing Mexico's history.... Or LACK of history in World Cup, I am hoping they do good, too.

This World Cup is shaping up to be MUCH better than I'd expected. I'm sooooo glad I decided to start watching soccer this year.

Unbelievable Cup! Ghana tied Germany?! One shocker after another.... I'm just on the edge of my seat the whole time! Even when there's no game on, I'm totally psyched trying to figure out who I'm picking next game. What a good time.

Portugal leads USA 1-0 right now, after just coming back from half time. I swear though, as much as we're shooting on the goal(Especially Bradley), it's only a matter of time! My fingers are crossed and hopes are high for this win!

We lost but still advance....woo hoo!

Not too bad of a performance of both teams

The Germans FAR outplayed us. We just had great defense...but the Germans controlled the ball almost the entire game.

Belgium could pose a threat, but I'm convinced we will beat them. Germany seems to be on a good run. I actually expected them to do better against US, but that's not to discount their abilities.

I'm broken hearted that Mexico is out. Their coach is a good man and is proud of them. Our own coach said he didn't have any illusions about us making it far(Meaning he KNEW we wouldn't go far), while the Mexican coach said that having made it to WorldCup, anything is possible. He truly believed they could go far and possibly win the Cup. They played great and I'm sorry to see them go.

How about Luis Suarez?!!!?!?? Can you believe he bit someone AGAIN?! I also can't believe he only got a 9 game suspension. I was with one of the newscasters in thinking he should be banned for life. Biting 3 times, making racial epithets, and have such a controversial history isn't good for your team or the sport. I'm afraid this kind of thing will keep the masses from watching soccer in the US. Violence sells well, but we don't like drama queens and spoiled sports. At least I don't!

Believe!

Good bye france!

uploadfromtaptalk1404537826453.jpg

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT GERMANY JUST DID TO BRAZIL!!

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JSUT SAW.

I was actually pushing for Brazil(Since two of my nephews are for Germany), but I couldn't be happier after having just seen that game. That was flat out amazing. History has been made. Record after record has been broken. I'm so grateful to have been able to see this World Cup.

It sure was a piece of soccer history we just witnessed.
Man, brazil got raped out there.
I hope germany will b able to keep up that outstanding nivau in the finals.

they will,they will!!
it's gonna be a tough morning getting up at 0500 on monday...

it's gonna be worth being tired on monday morning, lots and lots of strong coffee

DAMN! Brazil got it again from Holland! Not nearly as bad, but it still stung something awful. Too bad. I was hoping BRazil would go hard and see Germany in the finals, but I'm okay with this. Even though USA isnt' in contention, we got to see an AWESOME World Cup so far, and I have a feeling that today's final won't be a disappointment, either.

BTW, we have Michael Ballack as a co-host on our TV show here that announces WorldCup, and Alexi Lalas was taking shots at him all month. He kept commenting that this German lad was cocky and thought that Germany was the best team out there. Ballack handled himself well, not getting baited into any exchanges, but he stuck to his guns explaining that teams would have a hard time getting in on Germany. He's proven to be right, and he's still maintaining a professional, polite, and dignified appearance. I wish we saw more of this in soccer.

tonite,we better HOPE the referee is up to his game, sadly yesterday it wasn't so.
I truly belive we will have a great final match today, no overtime or penalty shoot outs, it will,it must be decided during the oirginalplaytime.
wish for a clean and fair but tough game

The ref was not up to his game. He definately was not in favor of germany. Argentina played too dirty for their own good. However an exciting game to watch. Germany fought hard, gsve everything and was rewarded for it. Well worth beeing tired today.

true, well worth beeing tired, too bad the refs were all to often sub-standard for games like theses

Latest posts

Back