Blues Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all aren't posting blues.
Steppenwolf and Skynyrd are not blues. :(
'The Blues' are songs that people in despair sing...

The closeup of his finger-work on the guitar neck shows his incredible skill that can never be duplicated.:)

In fairness the original post said blues, rock. We did drift a little with road songs, which is how Skynard and Steppenwolf made their way in, but there is still some great blues we haven't touched.

In fairness the original post said blues, rock. We did drift a little with road songs, which is how Skynard and Steppenwolf made their way in, but there is still some great blues we haven't touched.
It is Blues Rock (or the definition of) that touches my soul and relate to. But, that definition can vary or songs under that title could be seen as falling into another genre. I'm easy enough with the definition and welcome anything posted along those lines, like what has been posted already.

FWIW: I started a "Blues Rock" thread elsewhere. It was a great thread and might still be accessible. I'll check it later. This thread I figured I'd just title Blues Music, welcoming what others see as Blues.

It is Blues Rock (or the definition of) that touches my soul and relate to. But, that definition can vary or songs under that title could be seen as falling into another genre. I'm easy enough with the definition and welcome anything posted along those lines, like what has been posted already.

FWIW: I started a "Blues Rock" thread elsewhere. It was a great thread and might still be accessible. I'll check it later. This thread I figured I'd just title Blues Music, welcoming what others see as Blues.
Turns out that Blues Rock thread is still accessible at my first home Glock Talk, gotta be a member to view though.

Here's what I kicked off the thread with:

The closeup of his finger-work on the guitar neck shows his incredible skill that can never be duplicated.:)

I met Mr king , sat in a picnic table and smoked a joint with him
And to really blow your mind. I held Lucille in my hands. But dared not strum it. I felt that would have been disrespectfull
Want more of this story?

Hey Su

zHey Sup,
Lynerd Skynerd. Is a mixture of country, British rock and the blues
It is called southern rock/blues

Blues is a very wide spectrum of music it is not just
My wife left me , I lost my job and my sisters pregnant from the neighbors dog

Blues rock is a fusion genre and form of rock music that relies on the chords/scales and instrumental improvisation of blues. It is mostly an electric ensemble-style music with instrumentation similar to electric blues and rock (electric guitar, electric bass guitar, and drums, sometimes with keyboards and harmonica).

One of the greatest blues riffs ever played was played in a wild song MAGGOT BRAIN Eddie Hazel bending the strings on the original but I think he had left by this time and this has not got the lead in narrative.

i like Southern Rock, it was born about 60 miles from where we live.
Allman Brothers, Skynyrd, Molly Hatchett, .38 Special were all from Jacksonville.

But dang, fellas, white boys don't know nuthin' about no blues. I'm sorry.

i like Southern Rock, it was born about 60 miles from where we live.
Allman Brothers, Skynyrd, Molly Hatchett, .38 Special were all from Jacksonville.

But dang, fellas, white boys don't know nuthin' about no blues. I'm sorry.
hmmm..... what about a white boy country music musician?

Posted just to mix it up. 🤫

Back