Family blues

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wifes two adult children are near portland ore and seattle wa. Kinda in the impact zone for attack or mostly peaceful protests. We live right between yellowstone and the missile fields of montana so I guess we all make our choices..
We have been raising a kiddo we found on the street and at almost 20 he is starting a new job tommorrow and hopefully will continue to work...If someone is lonely I might be able to arrange for him to come leave dirty dishes everywhere and scowl a lot....

We rent part of our house out to a young family....great fun and we get some income and a chance to interact with a two year old and a ten year old..

We have some local friends that we make a effort to interact with and exchange help and assistance with. It takes work but it is worth it to have even a few other people that you can trust and call at any hour if needed.
Not one for clubs but if you participate in a church by all means pursue things like that to give your life meaning. Everyone derives at least some of their self worth and self image by things they do and peope they know...
The only thing you can controll is your own actions and reactions to the world around you.
My advice to anyone freakinig out over the state of the world is to stop listening or watching any news from any source that isnt upbeat. for at least one week. Chances are the world will still be here and you will be much more calm..
Yes I don't like reading the news anymore.

Latest posts

Back