Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Name a person that you most admire.
Ronald Reagan
2. If you could go bck in time what period or event would you most like to see?
The D-Day landing on June 6, 1944.
3. What place would you most like to visit?
Alaska - We're leaving in a few weeks.
4. What event would you most like to attend?
The D-Day landing on June 6, 1944.
5, What was/is your dream car?
1943 Ford GPW

I belonged years ago to a forum that had this - maybe you are interested, maybe not. Basically five questions to be answered - no context, no explanation, and someone has to be nominated for the following week.
I'll start, and nominate @Pearl to do the questions next week. Just copy and paste, stick in your answers.
But if there's no interest, no offence, and this will sink to the bottom gracefully :D

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say?
2. Favorite ice cream flavor?
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from?
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc)
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended?
It's an inverted American flag.
Chocolate-cherry.
JFK
Marijuana.
Alice Cooper 1980 in Knoxville. I got hit in the head with a buttgeyser tall boy and grabbed a pocket full of rubber snakes, courtesy of Alice.

My dream car is a two-tone 1973 Omega with an over-bored 350-R, fat tires, and a Holley carburetor. I miss that suicide ride.
B@T.png

Last edited:
1. Ulysses Grant. IMHO he is very misunderstood, but did more to rebuild the Union than anyone.
2. The Library of Alexandria. I wonder what was lost to mankind when it burned?
3. Australia
4. The Masters Golf Tournament
5. '67 Corvette Stingray with a 427 and four on the floor

1. An ancestor, Christy was his last name.
2. Boston Tea Party; conflict in Scotland against the crown during Robert the Bruce period.
3. Greece
4. Events can be yucky with too many people. Any beautiful sunrise or sunset with an excellent view and awesome before glow and afterglow. Or great seats at a Kansas concert.
5. A vehicle that fits me. Not too small, not too big. I haven’t found it yet.

1) I most admire the man who owned the ranch my Dad worked on when I was a kid! His name was Joe (leaving out last name for OPSEC reasons), he had two daughters about my age a a great wife! Joe was very people and animal smart. Kind and hard working! I had the most amazing childhood, and grew into the person I am today because of Joe!! 2) I would like to go back to the late 1800's in the county I live in now! I'm really into my county's history and had the pleasure of knowing two people who were born in 1899 here. They are long gone, but I loved their historical recollections! 3) The Florida Keys. Yep, that's boring, but that's the place I would like to visit!! 4) I can honestly say there is no event I would like to attend!! The world is too weird right now! 5) Any older Chevy 4×4 truck!
Waiting on bread again...somehow my timing is off today but I am not baking a ton, supposed to rain all day tomorrow

Pearl, have to say something about this LOL I TRULY HATE the Florida Keys!! Been there several times and it was just bad every time. Last time we went, my fuel pump went out in my Suburban, so we took a bus to get around until it was fixed. Crazy homeless people attacked the bus!!! The police came and arrested them. We went snorkeling and husband got stung by a man o war ( very bad)
The beach in Key west was closed because of bacteria or something in the water. ( the beach was ugly anyway) . The beach in Key Largo was full of seaweed. The campground had no shade. AND first time I went my ex found a kitten and we took it home ( BIG mistake) , it was truly evil ( needed to meet that SD governor LOL) . Plus overpriced and full of LGBDXYZ people

@Pearl me too on the history of this area, your area and to your west and northwest.
The Florida Keys are so cool! You’d love it! Recommend Key Largo, Islamorada, state parks, snorkeling, sunset at Key West. Fishing, boating, floating.
LOL you must have had a total different experience. How long ago did you go there?

back to number 1: does this have to be a real person or can it be a fictional character? I thought about it, and I do not admire ANY politicians , past or present. Other famous people I can't really say because I don't know them personally and their public personality might be very different from the real person. Then there are people like Ozzy. Love his music but I truly do not "admire" him, he is sort of crazy and on drugs or drunk most of the time. Sports stars: again don't know any and they just got lucky to be very athletic
Actors: nope! Just because they are good at acting doesn't mean I admire them. So that only leaves people I know personally and fictional characters.....I don't know anyone personally I truly admire. Everyone has their faults and problems. If I had to pick someone on this list I might say Hashbrown LOL, he seems to have as close to a perfect life as you can get.
Fictional character: Dean Winchester

back to number 1: does this have to be a real person or can it be a fictional character?

Your choice. It can be anyone you like, or admire, to be specific.

LOL you must have had a total different experience. How long ago did you go there?
It has maybe been a few years for me! My friend was just down there, no complaints whatsoever. Generally stay away from Key West but the historical aspect is good.
Sheesh I thought Man-o-war jellies killed humans. No joke there. We saw dead ones but they are also poisonous dead.
We rented a cottage. Must have been 17 years ago but have gone several times since the 1970s.

Glad you had a better experience than we did! If enough man o wars sting you it can kill you. Thankfully he only got stung by 1, but he never went snorkeling again after that.

There are 2 well known tourist destinations I hate ( and we have been to lots of places all over the place): the Florida Keys, especially Key west, and New Orleans ( sorry you folks in Louisiana ...) oh wait, don't particularly like Vegas either

1, Jesus, I would really enjoy a talk with him.
2. Revolutionary War.
3. Hemingways house in the Keys. (I wanna pet the cats)
4. I can't think of any, I am NOT a people person.
5: My old 1976 CJ5 or a 86-92 Jeep Commanche

Jesus/My aunt Mary Lou. Kindest people.
2. If you could go back in time what period or event would you most like to see?
The Gettysburg address.
Egypt
The finishing of the pyramids/Crucifixion (See what really happened.)
I like sports cars.

I like this thread. It is fun and makes you think. So, Patchouli I am passing the torch to you. You have a whole week to come up with five new questions.

I like this thread. It is fun and makes you think. So, Patchouli I am passing the torch to you. You have a whole week to come up with five new questions.
You did a great job, I had to think a bunch for those. :thumbs:

1. Name a person that you most admire. My mom.
2. If you could go back in time what period or event would you most like to see? The early 50's, when families were whole.
3. What place would you most like to visit? Venus.
4. What event would you most like to attend? My 75th birthday.
5, What was/is your dream car? '58 Austin Healey, the cops never caught it!:LOL:

Whoa, Beau, I wasn't expecting that, thank you. I will see if I can come up with some things that need to be asked. 🫠

I'm sure you wil do a great job. :thumbs:

Most admire: my friend Shirley who has passed and my aunt.
Time: early 1800s or 1870s.
Place: Ireland or Swiss/Italian border where my family was from.
Event: 🤔 the first Easter? I love history but more of the uneventful things like sitting on the porch snapping beans with my gma and aunt sorta events.
Rig: ‘69 Chevy shortbox stepside

2)What is your biggest pet peeve?

People getting in MY Personal Space...
How about when you can feel their breath on your neck? I was in a grocery store line and had a cart. Man came up so close I could feel his breath. When the line in front of me moved, I walked around to the front of my cart to give myself some space. He decided to follow me around. That is when I spoke up and said, "I came to the front of my cart so that I could have some space from you and feeling your breath on my neck." "Oh."

...Now if you need gross pictures of long toenails, I will be happy to oblige.:thumbs:
They are almost impossible for me to reach, and when I finally break down and cut them, my hips hurt for more than 1 day😭, (of course being a male, I am also too proud to ask the Mrs to cut them :()
(See above: why Super wears socks to bed; to keep from cutting the sheets up:oops:)
Schedule a regular pedicure. Your feet will feel great after soaking, massaging and trimming those nails. You can decline the nail polish!

2. If you could go back in time what period or event would you most like to see?
1. My grandmother, Grandma V. She lived a very difficult life, trying to feed her family during the Great Depression, and yet, was always hard working, kind and gentle.
2. Not sure. So much history was difficult, bloody, very challenging, and not fun.
3. The homes of my ancestors in Germany, Czechia and the Netherlands.
4. None, really. Mother Earth News Fair, maybe. Harvesting wheat or other crops on a farm. I know, I'm kind of boring. I don't like crowded places but I do like being in the country.
5. Eh! Don't really have one. I would like to have an RV.

1. I admire my favorite cousin. Her name is Irene, she is 76, and she is Old Order Amish.
2. I would love to be in this town I'm in, but during the 1930's to the 1950's sometime.
3. No place right now that I'd like to visit. We've traveled a whole lot.
4. For an event, maybe a large homesteader type convention
5. I really like my V8 Challenger. But I'd prefer an older original model

Schedule a regular pedicure. Your feet will feel great after soaking, massaging and trimming those nails. You can decline the nail polish!
I think this one will need @Pearl's horse-hoof clippers and that big file :rolleyes:.
IMG_20240503_213823_kindlephoto-1823716771.jpg
(that's the one the water heater with 500lbs of water in it, crushed :().

Last edited:
. Name a person that you most admire.
1) Doc Affaulter (my high school auto shop teacher, and a survivor of a Nazi prison camp)
2) I too would like to see the D-Day invasion, to witness thousands of heroes in action, from a safe area.
3) Italy (actually going 10/03/24)
4) My 100th birthday party, provided I was in good health!
5) A Rolls Royce SUV. I'd then sell it and live like a king!

I think this one will need @Pearl's horse-hoof clippers and that big file :rolleyes:.
View attachment 129220
(that's the one the water heater with 500lbs of water in it, crushed :().
🐴🐎 I have some tricks to make you hold still while I trim that stuff!! I'm inviting Sonya, she'll learn tricks for trimming Otto's nails!! I can make the worst hooves normal!😉

Latest posts

Back