Frodo's art!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I just got a package from our bro Frodo, and I AM IMPRESSED! This is the quality of leather you get from DeSantis or any other BIG NAME leather company, but with all the little touches that set it on a higher shelf like waxed stitches and a hand-buffed finish, and the stitch work is GODLIKE, you couldn't fit a microsuture needle under these stitches, and the design is perfect for my kind of carry! if you want a class AAA holster or sheath, he's the go-to guy!

From everything I've seen so far, I like Frodo's work! I still think he should make saddles for horse owners, or even just embellish existing saddles, there's BIG-TIME money to be made there! No lie, I've seen beautiful Western saddles going for $12-15K, they are works of art! The leather tooling is impressive, and a few silver conchos never hurt either, lol. Some saddles even have turquoise and other cool stuff worked into them! :cool:

Thank you
Ordered these a few days ago
Turquoise conchos
Magus, it was my pleasure
IMG_0210.jpg

I found the perfect knife to go in that pretty sheath! I have a 440 Hunter with brass fittings and a layered PVC/wood grip that fits like it was made for it!

as in saddle bags for a bike?
Yes, but for a car. those middle-of-the-seat boxes suck! Just a neat little pouch that goes over the middle of the seat with a weight on the belt to keep it over there or maybe Velcro? Something big enough for a pistol, a bottle of scotch, some smokes, a flashlight and a hunting knife and some MACE. Like an aunt Esther purse with a thong?

@ssonb

If you are just starting out then you are buying tools

Do not cheap out on your chisels
You can buy the Amazon cheap leather tool kit to get buy but the chisels in those kits are crap and will make your work look like crap
Get the 3mm and the 4mm chisels
Buy. “1mm bonded, waxed flat thread
And your needles

IMG_0223.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg

Check prices at
Steckstore
Tandy
Springfield leather
Weaver
Bantam saddletack

Have you ever done an over-the-seat bag?
I made all my tools.
me also, and can not wait to get my hands on that round knife
On that seat bag. Are you talking about a saddle bag that will hang over the back rest of the seat? I am Turing to picture what you typed and am lost

Looks good Frodo. Let me ponder that for a bit

Ok. But I am always thinking and and thought about this
2 tone. The tan on the outside and for accent on the straps
The cream elk for the pockets

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpeg
    IMG_0233.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back