Here's something you don't see every day....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabin Fever

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Photos taken from our front porch this morning.
1714748283879.png

1714748298103.png

1714748313747.png

I've never seen a white crow! Never heard of one either! Doesn't seem to be an albino but I've never seen any bird that was an albino. Thought it only happened with mammals. Must be an odd genetic quirk.

I've never seen a white crow! Never heard of one either! Doesn't seem to be an albino but I've never seen any bird that was an albino. Thought it only happened with mammals. Must be an odd genetic quirk.
First time for me too.
It is just old, white feathers are a sign of luck & wisdom.

First time for me too.
It is just old, white feathers are a sign of luck & wisdom.
Leucism is often used to describe the phenotype that results from defects in pigment cell differentiation and/or migration from the neural crest to skin, hair, or feathers during development. This results in either the entire surface (if all pigment cells fail to develop) or patches of body surface (if only a subset are defective) having a lack of cells that can make pigment.

Since all pigment cell-types differentiate from the same multipotent precursor cell-type, leucism can cause the reduction in all types of pigment. This is in contrast to albinism, for which leucism is often mistaken. Albinism results in the reduction of melanin production only, though the melanocyte (or melanophore) is still present. Thus in species that have other pigment cell-types, for example xanthophores, albinos are not entirely white, but instead display a pale yellow color.

More common than a complete absence of pigment cells is localized or incomplete hypopigmentation, resulting in irregular patches of white on an animal that otherwise has normal coloring and patterning. This partial leucism is known as a "pied" or "piebald" effect; and the ratio of white to normal-colured skin can vary considerably not only between generations, but between different offspringfrom the same parents, and even between members of the same litter. This is notable in horses, cows, cats, dogs, the urban crow[7] and the ball python[8] but is also found in many other species.

Wow white crows white buffalo and the government killing owls....got to be close to end of days
I couldn't believe that, but it is true :mad:.
https://www.npr.org/2024/04/01/1241874707/california-spotted-owl-barred-owl-usfws
A proposal by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to kill roughly half a million barred owls to protect the spotted owl has conservationists and animal welfare advocates debating the moral issue of killing one species to protect another.
Racist white-privilege must die:(:
Ed-Robinson-18-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back