Learn the meaning of the Constitution and the principles

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's very important to also learn about how the constitution was viewed by those who ratified it and the drivers around its formation from the original articles of confederation. It's most important to understand the damage done to it by federalists and how it's been abused since its inception.

I think it's very important to also learn about how the constitution was viewed by those who ratified it and the drivers around its formation from the original articles of confederation. It's most important to understand the damage done to it by federalists and how it's been abused since its inception.
Agreed.

I until recently always carried a pocket Constitution and Declaration of Independence. But then there was that unfortunate laundry accident.
o_O

I should get another.

I also have wanted to read The Federalist Papers.

Edit to add
Just ordered both.

Ben

Last edited:
so much history we were never taught. in the beginning when working on the plans for constitution there was a push to end slavery. not quite 50-50 and large push back by the big agricultural slave owners in south. yuo can dig up and read the letters everyone wrte to one another, discussions, debates. the slave free nation concept was set aside due to pressure to establish Something due to threats from britian and other nations wanting to come in and grab everything and take over. i read one mans letter warning that if slavery was not ended and all slaves freeed there would be a civil war in a generation or so because the issue had to be settled. that was set aside til you know when and what happened..

the push to make black slaves 3/4s of a person was due to slave owners demanding their slaves be givien right to vote. the anti slavery people wanted slaves freed and full citizenship or returned to africa, slaver owners mostly in south said no and threatened to leave and form their own union. so the anti slavery section caved it was a very weird thing. lots of weird and interesting tid bits of history discussions at that time.

at the time of the civil war---by 1861 the only people who refused to free their slaves, every single one was democrat. the ones who decided to fight a war to keep blacks laves were all democrat. but thats another story. lol.
ive heard from younger people the constitution must be replaced becaiose it is racist and corrupt.
i bet they never read it.

It's a sad statement that immigrants (the legal type) must learn and pass test on the foundations of our nation, and doing so surpass the education of the majority of native born citizens?

Agreed.

I until recently always carried a pocket Constitution and Declaration of Independence. But then there was that unfortunate laundry accident.
o_O

I should get another.

I also have wanted to read The Federalist Papers.

Edit to add
Just ordered both.

Ben

I have all of those and the Bill of Rights, and keep them in the man cave. The Federalist Papers are in book form, but I found all the others in a "Student" section of Barnes and Noble. In with all of the Cliff Notes there were nice, laminated copies of all the historical dicuments. Not likely it will ever happen, but I am prepared in a moments notice to produce the documents and challenge anyone to show me where it says Abortion is a right. I have one SIL who is a disgusting Liberal who is a nurse! She will not bring up politics around me.

the only people who refused to free their slaves, every single one was democrat. the ones who decided to fight a war to keep blacks laves were all democrat.

And the democratic party also elected the first black president, and nothing between these two events changed the party substantially. It's also relevant to point out that Zachary Taylorin was a whig, because that has as much bearing on today's political climate.

I also carried a pocket constitution everywhere.

I intend to found a business one day based on it, so that it evolves over time to be for the employees, who would be like members of a fraternity or private club.

Bongo wasn't exactly black, he's a dark Arab mixed with rich white trash.
Just look at his... Oh wait, we've never seen his birth certificate. they elected
commie trash dipped in Arab oil.

Latest posts

Back