LOST My "MAN CARD" Today.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought this FILSON "Field Bag" about 25 years ago new at retail store for $110.00 now costs $450.00

it was originally envisioned as a bag for binoculars, ammunition and smaller necessities for the field. Its practical utility has made it much more than a field bag over the last three decades, earning a favored status for everyday carry, cameras, and countless other applications. Rather than common canvas, Rugged Twill was chosen for its exceptional abrasion resistance. This industrial-strength fabric comes from Britain’s oldest, most storied mills, and is lightly waxed to keep valuables dry and protected from the elements. The Bridle Leather for the shoulder strap,

Attachments

• 1712188127503.png
    1712188127503.png
    401.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Do I even have a man card anymore????? I retired 8 years before my wife. I used to play video game & set up my gameplayer in the same room (located behind out house) as our washing machine & dryer. So I would do the laundry while playing. One thing lead to another & with me retiring first I ended up doing most of the housework. Now 15 years after she retired nothing has really changed. My one saving grace is that if you asked my wife "Who's in Charge of Your Home", she would say me. On the other hand who makes day to day decisions.....Ah, she does. Who handles the money, she does & so on.

SO I GUES THAT YOU COULD SAY THAT I HAVE A MAN CARD BECAUSE MY WIFE SAYS THAT I DO. After 36 years of marriage ( I guess that's how long we have been married, I'm not going to ask her & admit that I don't know) I guess that I'm probably average or maybe a little better.

Alternately, I could just make some bags myself. I know how to use a sewing machine. ...........
Many years ago a friend made and gave me a canvas shoulder bag with a snap shut cover flap. It was camo canvas, pretty cool but I wasn't sure what to do with it, until..... I found a good use for it as a saddle bag on my first road bike/motorcycle.

Point is: I'm all for 'home made' and shopping at craft fairs.

I bought this FILSON "Field Bag" about 25 years ago new at retail store for $110.00 now costs $450.00

it was originally envisioned as a bag for binoculars, ammunition and smaller necessities for the field. Its practical utility has made it much more than a field bag over the last three decades, earning a favored status for everyday carry, cameras, and countless other applications. Rather than common canvas, Rugged Twill was chosen for its exceptional abrasion resistance. This industrial-strength fabric comes from Britain’s oldest, most storied mills, and is lightly waxed to keep valuables dry and protected from the elements. The Bridle Leather for the shoulder strap,
Did you ever get those WW2 fatigue cargo pants from Filson?

Did you ever get those WW2 fatigue cargo pants from Filson?
I did and I LOVE them. They only had Black, so I got Black. It turns out they are making them again. Of course they are not 50% off. They are now only available in Green. I am going to get a pair in green, I get a very substantial discount if I order direct from Filson. Mostly I will kick myself, if I don't get the green ones. (READ THE REVIEWS)

https://www.filson.com/field-cargo-...22&indexName=magento2_prod_filson_us_products

As far as a ...back pack... type of product goes, my favorite has always been the one strap, over shoulder cross body bags.. Traditional 2 strap back packs are hard to use with only one strap to me.. Even if college size packs will hold more gear, the single strap packs are more convenient and comfortable for me..

When using a load carrying belt with any kind of packs, I've found 30 round M16 mag pouches quite useful for a number of things as well as ammo..

I did and I LOVE them. They only had Black, so I got Black. It turns out they are making them again. Of course they are not 50% off. They are now only available in Green. I am going to get a pair in green, I get a very substantial discount if I order direct from Filson. Mostly I will kick myself, if I don't get the green ones. (READ THE REVIEWS)

https://www.filson.com/field-cargo-...22&indexName=magento2_prod_filson_us_products
I REALLY want a pair of these fatigue pants. But, they cost as much as my Filson Double Mackinaw that I purchased 25 years. (the one I am wearing in my avatar photo with that hussy). It appears that Filson doesn't even make the double Mackinaw anymore, just a single.

Latest posts

Back