Magnets

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
Microwave crapped out
That means. Magnets for me !!!!
And a new machine for the Mrs

image.jpg

I like watching scrappers on youtube..I want to get one of those little home foundries n start scrapping metal but make my own bricks of metal.
Anyways, they cautioned about tearing apart microwaves. It has a part inside it that holds a mighty charge even when unplugged .
Do you guys know what this is and how do you discharge that part without zapping yourself?

I like watching scrappers on youtube..I want to get one of those little home foundries n start scrapping metal but make my own bricks of metal.
Anyways, they cautioned about tearing apart microwaves. It has a part inside it that holds a mighty charge even when unplugged .
Do you guys know what this is and how do you discharge that part without zapping yourself?
Magnetron

Don't break them. Toxic.

My brother gave me a furnace he bought at a yard sale.

Ben

After I tore this one apart I found out what the problem is

I had no idea it had a fuse. Lol. View attachment 120397
That fuse looks like it blew due to a dead short.
Don't feel bad about stealing the magnets out of it...
Replacing the fuse would likely only have given you another one just like it, one second later. :(

That fuse looks like it blew due to a dead short.
Don't feel bad about stealing the magnets out of it...
Replacing the fuse would likely only have given you another one just like it, one second later. :(
High standing SWR will look like a short to the magnetron and blow a fuse. Trying to microwave a ball of aluminum foil may be enough.

I have a sea story to go with this idea if anyone is interested.

Ben

It was always fun watching someone discover what a flyback is and why it's called a flyback while taking apart an old computer monitor or TV.

So, were you able to just replace the fuse and it works now? How hard is it to get to the fuse?
To get to the fuse would require taking out 6 screws and removing the unit from its housing. Not hard just time consuming

This unit is trashed. A new one is on the counter

The capacitor holds the charge
Use 2 screwdrivers with insulated handles
Touch the two terminals and cross the screwdrivers.
image.jpg

I already harvested the magnets they were on the antimatter flux core weapon system array. They cam out very easily
Did you get the wave-focusing guide Frodo?
want to swap on it? I got a condensed tachyon array just collecting rust.

A bit of consumer advise. Stay away from Toshiba microwaves. They're total crap now.
Toshiba "Used to" make great electronics, TV's, radios and so on, our last vacuum tube CRT was a Toshiba, it weighed about 300 pounds, the tuner gave out and so we were using a VHS with a tuner, then LCD TV's came out and we bought an Olevia brand that's been great. The thing that we found out about microwaves is that they didn't plan on how to clean all the vaporized fats and oils that build up inside the vital workings and after 25+ years of running our Convection/microwave/vent fan Kitchen-Aid unit, it up and died, but it is sad that a once trusted Toshiba brand has fallen into disrespect.

Latest posts

Back