Magnets

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The capacitor holds the charge
Use 2 screwdrivers with insulated handles
Touch the two terminals and cross the screwdrivers.
View attachment 120443
Sparks are scary..I'd have to watch someone do this..
Anytime a grinder or cutting torch gets turned on around my machine I'm at least 20 ft away..
I've got issues with sparks n flying slag or when the electricians start sticking their meters on wires or in holes.
Can you scrap a microwave without messing with the capacitor?

Let's just say they'll knock you in the floor. I have first hand experience with that.
So I was trouble shooting a search radar transmitter during heavy seas. I was holding the cabinet door with one hand and reached for swinging scope probe with the other. Got within 6" of the 14KV supply. An arc between the high voltage chassis and my finger. Shook me up serious. ANSPS- 58A radar.

Ben

In AC class the teacher talked about capacitors, just tinfoil & paper until yo touch it, then Debby Boone's You Light up my life.
I have a few one square X six inch magnets that came out of a metal lid feed.
Never took a Microwave apart, but it has a fuse just like a multimeter.

In AC class the teacher talked about capacitors, just tinfoil & paper until yo touch it, then Debby Boone's You Light up my life.
I have a few one square X six inch magnets that came out of a metal lid feed.
Never took a Microwave apart, but it has a fuse just like a multimeter.
I Luv magnets!!!:huggs:
The only thing in our world (besides radioactive material) that constantly spews out energy:

It says discharge capacitor, high voltage
My lack of knowledge n hands on translates to , "no touchy..dont be stupid"
I'm a big ..see it being done, then hands on learner..
I saw that silly sign myself
That is a transformer not a capacitor
The capacitor is connected to the transformer. And there is indeed high voltage present at the transformer when the power to the unit is on

The capacitor is the thing that will hurt you, a transformer is nothing but copper coils

I Luv magnets!!!:huggs:
The only thing in our world (besides radioactive material) that constantly spews out energy:

My uncle and I worked on just such a gizmo for months, every time the babe at the radio shack saw us coming she'd slap on extra lipstick and ditch the sweater. How long will his PPE device run before it dies? our record was something like seven minutes. If we'd just had a proper machine shop and gotten a bit closer, Mobil would have given us a fortune to blow it up!

Ask me sometime about the magnetic bearings project I helped with. Near the end, we were turning a 45 Lb. iron wheel with an 8-track motor! 0_o

transformer met Thor this morning and the outcome for the trans was not good

Thor
IMG_0810.jpeg

Transformer

IMG_0811.jpeg

Approx. 3lb copper

Latest posts

Back