Magus

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMC

The Shaman of suburbia's son and apprentice.
Neighbor
Magus is still alive. His computer is still in the shop.

I don't think I've ever known a more computer-unlucky guy. Glad to hear he's OK. I hope that computer gets fixed soon.
Have you followed @zannej's fun?
I think the new one she got her mom only made it a week or 2 :(.

Last edited:
I've really only had one computer die, it took a lightning strike/EMP pulse to do it. Mostly they get so slow they are painful to use, or are so old I can't update the software anymore.

Lori and I are geeks, we have so many platforms for accessing the internet, there are 5 on my desk , she has at least 3.

Last edited:
I just bought my 3rd laptop, didn't have great luck with the first two. Didn't like either of them, one was a company laptop. So i was leery about buying this one, thought about it for 6 months before pulling the trigger. It's a dell, there were cheaper systems out there but were company names i've never heard before.

I've had great luck with desktops. Of course i built the first 4, they lasted 29yrs total. Bought a dell the last time, a decent system but only got 4yrs out of it. Moral of the story, if you have the skills, build your own pc!

I got my last desktop, a used business computer, from a very kind forum member. I loaded linux on it, been running like a champ. Hope it lasts a while.

My computer needs change over time, unsure which way to go in the future. Hoping the dell laptop will buy me time if this desktop dies anytime soon.

Last edited:
Thanks AMC, I tried emailing Magus again, just got the automated reply!!
He is in a hard to get spot. You have to hold your tongue just right, stand in the right spot, then maybe.

His computer will be repaired on the third.

Yeah the load is heavy for the rest of us bat $hit crazy old men (did I type that visible???)

He is back home with his computer, but it won't be set up till later today or tomorrow because he needs to clear a space for it and he's an old man.

His and mine. It's what he told me when I asked when he'd be online.

Sometime tomorrow

Once again we are facing delays. At least tomorrow.

Once again we are facing delays. At least tomorrow.
Does he need to borrow a crank rope?
6e19d244949ff97187ff55a7dd8a6238.jpg

He hasn't been able to get his computer out of the car because of the weather. It should clear up tomorrow according to this weather site.

Latest posts

Back