Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure I briefly owned the pasture baby's great grandparents. This is Jasper and Sweet Pea, along with their foal Kit the day I loaded them in a trailer and brought them home, 20yrs ago.

After a month I sold Jasper and Sweet Pea to the Fil (next door neighbor) of the guy with the pasture baby, who got his donks from his FIL.

Jasper was a problem for baby calves as are many Jacks. He nearly killed a horse foal I had at the time... he had to go! Took a dozen stitches to sew my foal's scalp back on...

View attachment 129179View attachment 129180View attachment 129181View attachment 129182
Is that your Buddy when he was a foal???

Is that your Buddy when he was a foal???
Yep! He was 3 days old when I brought the pair home. An old man had them. He was showing the new foal to his grand kids. The mare didn't try to hurt him, just stepped between him and the foal. But it knocked the old man down and scared him.

He called and begged me to take them. Hadn't planned on anything but donkeys. I ended up with horses to.

Mare 01 ( 7)a.jpg

Yep! He was 3 days old when I brought the pair home. An old man had them. He was showing the new foal to his grand kids. The mare didn't try to hurt him, just stepped between him and the foal. But it knocked the old man down and scared him.

He called and begged me to take them. Hadn't planned on anything but donkeys. I ended up with horses to.

View attachment 129192
I'm glad he and Kit became friends, rough start for little Buddy!!

Might as well post this guy, Moose. A retired barrel racer, long story but he ended up in my pasture for a few years. He was the fastest horse I’ve ever been on, he could run and loved too! He was also the goofiest horse I’ve been around! It was always something him, kept me laughing. 😁

Moose a  (3).jpg

Might as well post this guy, Moose. A retired barrel racer, long story but he ended up in my pasture for a few years. He was the fastest horse I’ve ever been on, he could run and loved too! He was also the goofiest horse I’ve been around! It was always something him, kept me laughing. 😁

View attachment 129221
They each have that something about them! You will never forget him....I think that's the point!!♥️

Now I'm REALLY anxious for the nude....😮. I mean NEW pictures!!😧
I'm really curious why he has to shower outside? :eyeballs:
Does he get dirty enough that she won't let him into the house until he cleans up?:dunno:

Outhouse is a NO seater now unless you want a visit from the 2 foot across wasp nest!!!!

I like these pics better
I posted the other day I had tried to kill these peppers I actually put them in peat pots in the winter inside a shed with lights, heat and water they did good and I took them out for some real sun a few days when it got warm for a bit and they loved that.

Till I left them out when it got about 15 degrees, Then I decided to set them out in some bigger pots and they liked it I had coconut fiber in the bottom of the pots so they would drain and some good soil in there with fairly small drain holes because I never watered them a lot just wet them till it felt damp.

THEN I left them out in the rain and they floated in a wet swamp for a day till I went by the stand and there the were floating on top of their ponds.

I got some light soil and some red clay to mix and and potted them backup without crushing the roots and so a month later.

They are protected or something must be democrats HEHEHEHE.

1714800414132.jpeg

1714800464956.jpeg

Resilient plants I guess. this fall I will build them a good bed in a greenhouse and keep them going without the shocks If I don't forget.

Now where are my keys???

Havasu, what is the orange stuff at the bottom under the corners of the shower?
Also, I hate the glass walls/doors on showers. Which reminds me, my sister's upstairs master bedroom has an ensuite with a glass door shower. This is a real estate photo of it from before she bought it.
1714860391634.png

Peanut, that horse looks a lot like my late horse Red Beans (aka Beans aka some names that are not family friendly and can't be posted here).

Daughter sent me a mug...
It was a freebie from a vendor.:)
Doya' wonder that she thinks that I drink a lot:oops:?
IMG_20240508_141129_kindlephoto-2119250787.jpg

Shameless plug: https://www.sunrun.com/

Last edited:
We just returned from a long weekend in Baltimore with our daughter and son in law celebrating his doctorate from Johns Hopkins University. We stayed at the lovely Hotel Revival. Here is a picture from the rooftop of the hotel. This view was also the view from our room several floors lower. Baltimore is a lovely city.

Photograph taken from my phone:

Bakt from hotel rooftop.jpg

We just returned from a long weekend in Baltimore with our daughter and son in law celebrating his doctorate from Johns Hopkins University. We stayed at the lovely Hotel Revival. Here is a picture from the rooftop of the hotel. This view was also the view from our room several floors lower. Baltimore is a lovely city.

Photograph taken from my phone:

View attachment 129460
Glad you are back and enjoyed your trip! Congrats again!!♥️

Latest posts

Back