The Future of the US Dollar

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need not even look at the article. The future is crystal clear. Especially three to five years out. The next six to eighteen months are a little speculative. Depends on their pain threshold for inflation mitigation. CLUE: We will painfully regret the sanctions we subjected Russia to.

The value of the dollar has had me digging a bit. This has been driven by my curiosity why gold has not fone up in the face of inflation. That seems to be answered by two explanations.

The price of gold measured in dollars has been suppressed by the drops in the stock market. Margin calls for short options are being covered by investors investors selling gold. With gold being sold the prices to down offering the impresion the dollar is not dropping in value. Not so much. It is a supply and demand thing.

The value of the dollar is not dropping as fast as it should because the dollar sucks less than many foreign currencies. "The skinniest kid in fat camp" is a food description. But not all currencies are loosing value. Look at the Quiwaiti Dinar for example. Click on the 1yr button to see that the cost of Dinars in dollars has been moving up over the last year. The dollar is not the most stable currency.

So much for where the dollar is now. As to the future.

We could see the future as being more of the same barring some seismic event. Some of the dominos that could lead to a earth quake in the currency markets are coming into place.

A)
BRICS and others are working to set up an exchange system not based on the dollar with a commodity component ( ie gold) . Maybe the Chinese Yaun? A possible alternative to the dollar if the dollar is no longer the world's fiat currency.

B)
Due to the sanctions on Russia it had been using alternatives to the dollar when selling their oil. Chipping away at the dollar dominance.

C)
The dollar grew in dominance when it was based on gold. When Nixon took the dollar off of the gold standard the concept of a "petro-dollar" where Saudi Arabia agreed to only accept dollars in exchange dor their oil. In exchange the US agreed to supply arms and support.

D)
And then ... Brandon ... destroy oil in US ... demand remains ... oil prices rise ... inflation ripples through economy... freak out time beg Saudi Arabia ... middle finger double middle finger... Brandon declares "there will be repercussions". What if anything can Brandon do to "re- percuss"? Oh yeah those arms sales. So much for the petro-dollar.

E)
Feel free to finish the story ;)

See 6:51 into this

Ben

The value of the dollar has had me digging a bit. This has been driven by my curiosity why gold has not fone up in the face of inflation. That seems to be answered by two explanations.

The price of gold measured in dollars has been suppressed by the drops in the stock market. Margin calls for short options are being covered by investors investors selling gold. With gold being sold the prices to down offering the impresion the dollar is not dropping in value. Not so much. It is a supply and demand thing.

The value of the dollar is not dropping as fast as it should because the dollar sucks less than many foreign currencies. "The skinniest kid in fat camp" is a food description. But not all currencies are loosing value. Look at the Quiwaiti Dinar for example. Click on the 1yr button to see that the cost of Dinars in dollars has been moving up over the last year. The dollar is not the most stable currency.

So much for where the dollar is now. As to the future.

We could see the future as being more of the same barring some seismic event. Some of the dominos that could lead to a earth quake in the currency markets are coming into place.

A)
BRICS and others are working to set up an exchange system not based on the dollar with a commodity component ( ie gold) . Maybe the Chinese Yaun? A possible alternative to the dollar if the dollar is no longer the world's fiat currency.

B)
Due to the sanctions on Russia it had been using alternatives to the dollar when selling their oil. Chipping away at the dollar dominance.

C)
The dollar grew in dominance when it was based on gold. When Nixon took the dollar off of the gold standard the concept of a "petro-dollar" where Saudi Arabia agreed to only accept dollars in exchange dor their oil. In exchange the US agreed to supply arms and support.

D)
And then ... Brandon ... destroy oil in US ... demand remains ... oil prices rise ... inflation ripples through economy... freak out time beg Saudi Arabia ... middle finger double middle finger... Brandon declares "there will be repercussions". What if anything can Brandon do to "re- percuss"? Oh yeah those arms sales. So much for the petro-dollar.

E)
Feel free to finish the story ;)

See 6:51 into this

Ben

Say a headline indicating Saudi Arabia is looking elsewhere for arms.

Is that first domino starting to tip?

Ben

Say a headline indicating Saudi Arabia is looking elsewhere for arms.
It is my understanding they are not looking. Here is my understanding.
a.) They currently have an agreement with Russia.
b.) They have agreeded to join the BRICKS group.
c.) They intend to faze out of U.S Dollar transactions in the future.
d.) They have a "inplace" contract with Russia to takeover the security of Saudi Arabia.
e.) They are building a town/city dedicated to all things involving GOLD, including replacing the London Gold Exchange, they will proces raw Gold, manufacture products of Gold, do assay work.
f.) They intend to fully support the New Currency (based on Gold-Oil-Raw Grains-Natural Gas-most likely also Timber)

To covertly announce to the world they have shifted away from America.......They gave America the middle finger with both hands early October, 2022.

Last edited:
Just my totally uneducated opinion on the future of the U.S. Dollar. I expect it to lose its status as the exclusive "World Reserve Currency". I expect a jerky downward valuation over the next three years. It is sad; however, it is our own fault.

Due to the fed jacking up interest rates in the US, bond yields are high relative to most other Western Nations.

Consequently big international investors seeking short term yields (that are no longer available in stocks) are selling other Western currencies to buy greenbacks - that has pushed the USD way up high......

That high dollar means that most imported goods coming into the US are (or is that should be) cheaper than they were a year ago - but importers/wholesalers are in no mood to pass on any savings.

At the same time, ironically, the big inflation problem means that most domestic goods are getting a lot more expensive quickly.

So expect the current US trillion dollar trade deficit to get worse at an accelerating rate.

When the fed stops jacking rates and the US dollar comes back down, imported goods getting more expensive will take over in determining the real US inflation rate.

It is my understanding they are not looking. Here is my understanding.
a.) They currently have an agreement with Russia.
b.) They have agreeded to join the BRICKS group.
c.) They intend to faze out of U.S Dollar transactions in the future.
d.) They have a "inplace" contract with Russia to takeover the security of Saudi Arabia.
e.) They are building a town/city dedicated to all things involving GOLD, including replacing the London Gold Exchange, they will proces raw Gold, manufacture products of Gold, do assay work.
f.) They intend to fully support the New Currency (based on Gold-Oil-Raw Grains-Natural Gas-most likely also Timber)

To covertly announce to the world they have shifted away from America.......They gave America the middle finger with both hands early October, 2022.
I was sorta looking for someone to talk me down out of a crazy tree.

Thank Yall for your confirmations.

Ben

I welcome a return to the precious metal standard, because I believe I know a secret. Ft Knox is empty, but what do you think went into the underground cities first? Mount Weather?

And we "elected" this mental dud hard drive fair and square huh?
Now he's pissed off one of the few allies we have over there. ten
bucks we have his living corpse another 6 years too.

He will be gone very shortly after Jan. 21, 2023; however, little will change, other than the noose will tighten faster as the puppet masters will control Harris for ten years.

Back