• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Homesteading & Country Living and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1967 Gibson Firebird FB-12

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrocDundee

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
A classic of a classic. Only 24 made in 1967...how rare? It's not the Firebird you may think of. It's their twelve string...the FB-12. Burnt orange. Yes, some aging spiderwebbing and an umber patina to paint colour. I turned down $35K from Gibson Garage. One owner...me! Will consider $40,000 USD. Nope...that's the price. You pay shipping and insurance......

A classic of a classic. Only 24 made in 1967...how rare? It's not the Firebird you may think of. It's their twelve string...the FB-12. Burnt orange. Yes, some aging spiderwebbing and an umber patina to paint colour. I turned down $35K from Gibson Garage. One owner...me! Will consider $40,000 USD. Nope...that's the price. You pay shipping and insurance......
If I had the money (without going broke)... I'd buy. But only in person to get your autograph. ;)

If I had the money (without going broke)... I'd buy. But only in person to get your autograph. ;)
I brought it into the Gibson Garage...and...the owners wanted it...but...nah! They let us into The Vault...which gave me goosebumps. Well...I was with a local icon...killer slide guy that's on more platinums than I can count. Some...were from "dead names" and worth (starting at) $500K. Some were over $1M...and...in an actual bank vault. VERY interesting video...well worth it. I also had my Ibanez artist with me...far better than any LP...it's a double cutaway LP, basically...and...was trying to compare LP necks with it. I was allowed to play it through the little amp KR used on 'Start Me Up'. What a gas!

Here's their Gibson Garage video. If you own a nice six-string...you won't wanna miss a minute.

My slide guy??? This is what we did over there....just a teaser...the first tune: 'The Scent On My Pillow'. If you have Spotify...enjoy it!

What in the world are you doing down in Australia?:dunno:
All you can play down there is a didgeridoo.
ondrej-smeykal-chad-butler-1024x773.jpg

What in the world are you doing down in Australia?:dunno:
All you can play down there is a didgeridoo.
ondrej-smeykal-chad-butler-1024x773.jpg
If it's played right...it's pretty amazing. It's best played as the classical music term, "firmata" shows. It's best as backgrounding to colour what you are doing. I have yet to hear a Lead Didge! Love it here in Oz...and, in Nashville.

Just curious, Croc. Are you a Tommy Emmanuel fan? I love that guy. Incredible musician!! He and his brother, Phil (God rest his soul) did incredible things together. He came to a venue that was close enough to me to attend, but tickets were way beyond my price range.

Just curious, Croc. Are you a Tommy Emmanuel fan? I love that guy. Incredible musician!! He and his brother, Phil (God rest his soul) did incredible things together. He came to a venue that was close enough to me to attend, but tickets were way beyond my price range.
Yeah! He's a grad of Chet Atkins school, too. Great talent..and...yeah...we've met a few times.

I visited a museum last week and in the office area there were several Fender amps stacked in the corner in Fender cases.
I asked the tour guide and he said all he knew is they worked and they were really old.
I would have liked to look closer but there wasn't time
Some go for big money. If they have a provenance...like...the one Keith Richards used on 'Start Me Up'...especially so.

At one time I had a Canadian mother in law that had an old 12 string.. No idea of the brand or model.. She also had a 100 or so year old Stradivarius violin copy and could play both well..

Of course the late Canadian Gordon Lightfoot did many good things with his 12 string..

Back