300 Mile E-bike Survival Challenge (No Food, No Water, No Shelter, No Money) Day 1 of 5

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am putting this here.Its a fun adventure Fowler is doing.It falls under a modern day forager or modern day hunter/gatherer type thing. Lets face it society will scavenge anything useful be it from modern society or natural world.This is going to be a long series and seems its going to be one episode each week for at least 5 weeks.Theres been talk about e-bikes in other threads so lets see how this heavy duty model does on this trip straight out of the box.Its an hour long but gets way better after first bit so give it a chance...pretty interesting things throughout it...especially big industrial store vs. mom and pop store.

I would approach this a different way from him. Why buy a water bottle for example when you can just find an empty soda bottle somewhere and go to a walmart bathroom or someplace and rinse it out with soap, and refill it. If I was in a city and had no food, I would go to the nearest homeless shelter that feeds people or some church that hands out food. He's not very practical in some ways .
I was homeless once in California for a little while ( we lived in the car ) and that's what we did. We did have a cookstove and camping gear however. Back then , fast food places would throw out their slightly over the timelimit food in bags, and you could just wait until they threw them out and go get it out of the dumpster right away and it was ok. Now, they lock their dumpsters I am pretty sure I read that somewhere
In the current state of things in the US it is just about impossible to starve in this country, lots of places to get food ( never mind SNAP and all that)

http://www.delish.com/food-news/a44787982/dumpster-diving-food-waste/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back