Active shooter, Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville AL

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WGregMiller

"In Remembrance"
Neighbor
Local news (national too) reporting an active shooter. This is a base with 40k+ employees....

They had all the access gates closed, but now they're opened. Don't know if it was a false alarm or not..

Meanwhile, 30 miles away, someone was seen taking pictures of the nuclear power plant. Don't know if it was innocent or not.

Redstone Arsenal is saying that someone managed to "get some guns" onto Redstone Arsenal. Nobody shot anything or anyone. From my somewhat limited experience on the base, whoever did it is screwed if they get caught. They're being pretty tight lipped about it.

Jeez... if it were me I'd be kissing some butt right now. I'd almost bet money that somebody forgot they had a gun in the car/truck/suv and somebody saw it and freaked.

The good news is that it wasn't much of anything. The bad news is I bet this cost a ton of money....

Could have neen a RED CELL operation . SF Operators tasked with trying to defeat a facilities security . This is good way to improve security but causes alot of hard feelings . And ends careers at times on both sides .

Could have neen a RED CELL operation . SF Operators tasked with trying to defeat a facilities security . This is good way to improve security but causes alot of hard feelings . And ends careers at times on both sides .

It's strange.... ish. They're saying that it was a false alarm, but the did cancel the simulation for the following day. I'd bet that they pulled the trigger a day early.

Latest posts

Back