Anniversary Question

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are alternatives to roses, but that requires creativity.
Pretty much anything but roses works for me. I do not like the things. I can't tell you how many clothes I have ripped on the thorns from all the rose bushes growing around our driveway and walks. Roses are the main reason I switched from thin-skinned down jackets to Carhartt stuff. You can't rip a Carhartt.

Nuisance plants IMHO, one step below thistles.

Pretty much anything but roses works for me. I do not like the things. I can't tell you how many clothes I have ripped on the thorns from all the rose bushes growing around our driveway and walks. Roses are the main reason I switched from thin-skinned down jackets to Carhartt stuff. You can't rip a Carhartt.

Nuisance plants IMHO, one step below thistles.
My daughter worked in a flower shop for a couple years. Valentine's Day is a big rose day. They had to remove all the thorns from the roses. The employees ended up with lots of blood, in spite of wearing gloves and using tools. She also says anything but roses.

When she got home from her surgery and I went to do some shopping for her, I bought her an orchid. She likes them. I have gotten her a few over the years. I get them at Trader Joes and they have done well for her.

Latest posts

Back