Anyone else come here from the Homesteading Today forum?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabin Fever

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I know several of you are/were members at the Homesteading Today forum. Since the Doomsday Preppers are having a reunion of sorts here, I thought it would be neat to have an HT reunion, too.

I have been a charter member of HT since 2001. I like HCL better.

I know several of you are/were members at the Homesteading Today forum. Since the Doomsday Preppers are having a reunion of sorts here, I thought it would be neat to have an HT reunion, too.

I am a member there (at Homesteading Today) I rarely ever stop in there.

I am only active here and Survival Boards. SB is like walking on egg shells with the bi-polar moderation, and the monthly change of Administrators.

My private giggle about SB is that it is the largest existing Survival Forum.......and the management loathes anyone knowledgeable about the implied forum subject.

Anyone ever been BANNED from a forum, for a post you made on a different & unrelated forum.

I was a member of that too, just not as long as you.

Anyone ever been BANNED from a forum, for a post you made on a different & unrelated forum.
I've heard it's happened, but not to me. The one and only ban I've had was self-induced when I copped an attitude about CMG taking over my first internet home. I later regretted it, there's still some good active members there.

Yep, very strange, and a common cause I am not going discuss in an open thread :)

Another "symptom" is suddenly you have to reset your password cause the old one won't work.

Last edited:

I’m an HT refugee. Got there when I was looking for info on a spinning wheel (shaped object). Met a lot of great people there and had some real LMAO times in Singletree.

It has been so long since I went to the one I was on, maybe before here...I think it was the one yall are referring to...that I don't remember the name but mentioned it here years ago. I know there were a few women here that were there by their same name here. Mo for one. I got into a big kerfluffle with two guys who wanted to argue with me about alfalfa, round up, and safety. I think. 🤪That about did it for me.
How do you have a party on deh nets? zoom it? Too many people want to talk, we'd have to break into subgroups and call one the cabin fever group, one the dademoss group, etc. 🤣🤣🤣

It has been so long since I went to the one I was on, maybe before here...I think it was the one yall are referring to...that I don't remember the name but mentioned it here years ago. I know there were a few women here that were there by their same name here. Mo for one. I got into a big kerfluffle with two guys who wanted to argue with me about alfalfa, round up, and safety. I think. 🤪That about did it for me.
How do you have a party on deh nets? zoom it? Too many people want to talk, we'd have to break into subgroups and call one the cabin fever group, one the dademoss group, etc. 🤣🤣🤣
Hey, I have Iced Tea :). And Maybe kinda sorta tater tots :D

Was this you?
1716124100966.png

I don’t recall being on that site. At one point a decade plus ago, I was active on a good dozen sites. I’m down to just this and SB now, maybe averaging one or two posts a day on each. I do spend time reading the threads here each day.

I've been a member of Homesteading Today since 2011. I stop in every day, often I'll post.
Although this board right here is my very most favorite, each day I'll visit:
Homesteading Today, Rimfire Central, Marlin Owners, Ruger Forum, Survivalist Boards, Perfect Union, Firearms Forum, Graybeard Outdoors, Gunboards, M14 Battle Rifle forum, Russian Mosin Nagant forum.

That's my every day line up. There's many more I visit a few times a week, some i visit once a month.
I'm more gun oriented than anything, especially military surplus firearms.

But, I can not say this strongly enough - right here at Homesteading & Country Living is my home. My favorite.
Or as the locals used to say, long ago and far away "you numbah one!!"

I've been a member of Homesteading Today since 2011. I stop in every day, often I'll post.
Although this board right here is my very most favorite, each day I'll visit:
Homesteading Today, Rimfire Central, Marlin Owners, Ruger Forum, Survivalist Boards, Perfect Union, Firearms Forum, Graybeard Outdoors, Gunboards, M14 Battle Rifle forum, Russian Mosin Nagant forum.

That's my every day line up. There's many more I visit a few times a week, some i visit once a month.
I'm more gun oriented than anything, especially military surplus firearms.

But, I can not say this strongly enough - right here at Homesteading & Country Living is my home. My favorite.
Or as the locals used to say, long ago and far away "you numbah one!!"
Big_Al, right?

Big_Al, right?
Yes. That is my alter ego when a board doesn't like my usual rice paddy daddy or ricepaddydaddy.
I belong to so many forums I try to keep things very simple.
Before retirement I managed a warehouse, and was bored out of my mind 50% of the day so I sat in my office and visited forums for 4 or 5 hours a day. I belong to somewhere around 100.

Latest posts

Back