Bacon anyone

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Neighbor

Only in Texas -- The Piney Wood Rooter

Cute little Texas pig...

That was killed near the town of Cut-N-Shoot, TX, a small community just north of Conroe & the Woodlands & Houston).
We call them Piney Wood Rooters. There was a documentary on TV about a month ago about these pigs growing up rapidly in the US.
They're all over Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, Florida and other states.
Did you ever wonder what happens to those people that just leave home and disappear but their car is found out on a dirt road?
Between bigfoot and these monsters, I think we know! This one was killed by a Medical Radiology worker...
What would you do if this beast was coming at you? Run for dear life? Climb a tree? Or simply get run over?

Over 1,800 lb. this wild boar was shot and killed in Conroe, Texas near the

county airport, east of I-45 and near the community of Cut and Shoot.

Yep.......only in Texas! (Probably not only in Texas anymore).
We were told to stand still (yeah, right) because their eyesight is poor.

By standing still they probably would not see you and walk right on by.
And NO you can't outrun them!!

And they wonder why most Southerners are armed?
I rest my case.

I smell bacon...........

i cant see them pic's you posted..so i googled The Piney Wood Rooter..them are some big ole rascals..and we sure could have one heck of a family get togeather with one them.and actully still have left overs..lol

i cant see them pic's you posted..so i googled The Piney Wood Rooter..them are some big ole rascals..and we sure could have one heck of a family get togeather with one them.and actully still have left overs..lol

Hey Jim are you using a iphone ? reason why i ask because I checked my phone and they did not show up.

In Texas nothing says family reunion like free pork...lol

got that right..but then again so does beef lamb and others that be enough for the family.and the kiddies runing around all over the place..parents horrering at them,grown-ups getten pissed at each other.then when its time for all to go home.everyones a huging say see ya next time n all..OH SUCH MEMORYS!!! lol

Just think Jim ....advertise your family reunion on sistersmingle.com and mention both of your teeth , free chittlins and maybe she will send you a picture of her banjo.

Hey, I am thinking pit fire! There isn't anything better than a pig in the pit for a family reunion! If not, then the meat gets cured and then the smoke house. Then there is headcheese, souse, scrapple to make out of the head and sausage from the scaps. Use the tongue, brains, liver, snout, ears, heart, lights (lungs), stomach, intestines, feet, tail. skin, and fat. If you kill an animal, even in self-defense, please use all that you can of it. There are many uses and if you are not sure how, then goggle it while you can.

We need a hog for the meet. Seriously. Do a hog roast base the size of the pig to the number of people we have coming and we can show those who don't know how, how to pressure can the meat.

I've got two 40 lb feral sows in the freezer that I got from the neighbor. Paid $ 40 per pig. I killed, he skinned, gutted and quartered for me. I deboned and VAC packed for freezer.
Way better than commercial pork any day!!!!!

We need a hog for the meet. Seriously. Do a hog roast base the size of the pig to the number of people we have coming and we can show those who don't know how, how to pressure can the meat.
That would be awesome for the get to gether

Tell me about it Darlin'! I'm gonna get some more soon. He has a contract with a large ranch to clean out ALL the pigs and javalinas too.

Funny was the look on his face when I put the first one down with a single shot to the head with my AK. He and his Fad both like to jumped outta their skins!
Quote: " Holy crap that things LOUD!
Jeeze, we just use a .22!"
I just smirked, cleared the breech, engaged the safety, looked em dead in the eye and said, " You wanna do the next one?"
He said, " Only if I can use YOUR gun."
He is now saving up for an AK.
My work is done.
Bwahahahahah!

Cute little Texas pig...
That was killed near the town of Cut-N-Shoot, TX, a small community just north of Conroe & the Woodlands & Houston).
We call them Piney Wood Rooters. There was a documentary on TV about a month ago about these pigs growing up rapidly in the US.
Did you ever wonder what happens to those people that just leave home and disappear but their car is found out on a dirt road?
Between bigfoot and these monsters, I think we know! This one was killed by a Medical Radiology worker...
What would you do if this beast was coming at you? Run for dear life? Climb a tree? Or simply get run over?
I rest my case.
I smell bacon...........
ummmmm Colt, your pictures have gone on strike

Thank you hon. Canning the meat up will be easy and you can have bbq pulled pork at a moment's notice.

Heh Colt...remember back when the school would pass you after you failed the same grade a few times....I told my sister she was the precedence in the government policy on bailouts..She was too big to fail...lol

Cute little Texas pig...
I rest my case.
I smell bacon...........

Hey, I am thinking pit fire! There isn't anything better than a pig in the pit for a family reunion! If not, then the meat gets cured and then the smoke house. Then there is headcheese, souse, scrapple to make out of the head and sausage from the scaps. Use the tongue, brains, liver, snout, ears, heart, lights (lungs), stomach, intestines, feet, tail. skin, and fat. If you kill an animal, even in self-defense, please use all that you can of it. There are many uses and if you are not sure how, then goggle it while you can.

A year ago I moved from Spring or actually Oak Ridge North, TX and I always took that Hwy from Conroe to Baton Rouge on weekends to visit family. I saw one of those big boys laying along side the road and not too far away a BIG Ford pickup dead on arrival. When the Ford was towed so was the hog. I've never seen a pig that big in my life. As I whizzed by I wondered what that doggy tasted like on the barbie. Just me, I love wild game.
I drove by Cut N Shoot so many times. Can you tell us how that town got it's name? And is Sour Lake really sour?

Latest posts

Back