Bayou classic ceramic grilling

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent S

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
They say timing is everything, sometimes it is. I got a deal on a ceramic grill! It's basically a copy of the big green egg, but I was walking by when they were clearancing a 699.00 grill for 119.00! I use the gas grill more often as its so easy, but I'm dying to try this puppy out. http://www.bayouclassicstore.com/assets/product_images/500-515.jpg

That link was supposed to be a picture, oh well :). Every chance I get to get something that will help with living without electricity I jump on it.

i clicked the link.and got a pic..looks like it was painted.it has a shelve on each side,and one at the bottom of it.and it has 2 locking wheels..it looks like that it's worth having...

i clicked the link.and got a pic..looks like it was painted.it has a shelve on each side,and one at the bottom of it.and it has 2 locking wheels..it looks like that it's worth having...
It's not painted, it's a mottled green ceramic egg. It's really sharp looking. I'm having it delivered, since it weighs about three hundred pounds. I actually don't know what it weighs, but it's a heavy buggar. The lid alone weighs about 80 lbs. the idea behind it is the thick ceramic body gets hot and retains the heat for a long time, allowing you to bake in it. They will bring it Saturday, so I'll cook lunch on it. Wish you were a little closer jim!

wish i was closer to..would love to see it..80LB lid? better be very hungry when cooking on/in it..lol
It's got a spring assisted lid, so it's pretty smooth. I've cooked on Wood and charcoal fires most of my life, but it's been so long I'll have to work on my patience again. This isn't something I would have normally gone out to buy, but with the deal on it I couldn't resist. It was about 18% of what it normally sells for. I am glad it has wheels, otherwise it would live in 1 spot for life!

That is a sweet deal. My cousin has one of those green eggs and he loves it

at 18% of cost..chances are,i probably wouldn't of passed it up either.so i have to say..you got your self a great buy there.

Well, I got the grill today, and even though it's beautiful, it didn't work as well as I would have liked. I didn't put enough charcoal in it, and it never got hot enough. I cooked some steaks on it, and they were edible, but not seared the way I like em. I Would have been pissed if I had paid the regular price for the thing! Lol. It will take a couple more try's before I learn how to regulate this thing.

Latest posts

Back