Bear Gryllis or Cody Lundin

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Neighbor
Okay if you had to be paired with one of these guys in a survival situation who would it be Bear Gryllis, Cody Lundin, Mykel Hawke,or Les stroud and why .

Bear Gryllis cause he doesn't piss me off as bad as the other one. The other one just makes me throw things at the tv. I'd strangle him with his braids.

Oh, and if we had a disagreement, there wouldn't be any hippy-dippy crap, he could go his way and I'll go mine. Ta very much.

Bear Gryllis cause he doesn't piss me off as bad as the other one. The other one just makes me throw things at the tv. I'd strangle him with his braids.

Oh, and if we had a disagreement, there wouldn't be any hippy-dippy crap, he could go his way and I'll go mine. Ta very much.
Me too, put some boots on man!!

I would take les over all but per the op... I'd take Cody. His slow pace and ability to make reasonably comfortable shelter and local food findabilty. He's more of a long haul survivalist. Not just a stay alive until someone finds me kinda way.

Les Stroud just makes me want to kick him until he stops bleating. Sorry, I don't like the guy. I watched him a few times and watched him walk right past food, you got to be kidding me.

Les Stroud just makes me want to kick him until he stops bleating. Sorry, I don't like the guy. I watched him a few times and watched him walk right past food, you got to be kidding me.
Les walked right by food because the food was expecting Les to eat it... but Les wanted the food to build up confidence and drop it's guard. Then the food will invite all its other food buddies over and then AND only then will Les sneak up on all the food together and FEAST... not just eat. See... Les is smarter than the other guys.

Ok... I was a little over the top with that. But I like Les because he doesn't have a film crew... he places the cameras and records and then has to work out his survival needs alone. Another downside to Les is like Bairleafarm pointed out... Les' mission is to last a week then his crew will locate and rescue him (if he didn't rescue himself). Les is about short-term survival (7 days).

Okay I was going to pick Les but I never really thought about the fact that he is a 7 day survivalist. So based on that information I would go with Cody if and only if he would let me buy him a pair of shoes!!

What about Mykel Hawke? They have a program where he goes on survival adventures with his wife, Ruth England. I think the program is called "Man, Woman, Wild". He is kind of like Les in that the program has them in short term survival situations but his wife is there with him. I think it adds a bit of realism to everything... "Eeeeeuuu, a spider". But unlike a lot of the rest of the survivalist type programs... he is a former Green Beret. If I was in deep Doo doo I would want someone that can handle himself when things got hairy.

haha I am not going to lie, there are some big spiders here in Oklahoma and sometime I even get like that!

What about Mykel Hawke? They have a program where he goes on survival adventures with his wife, Ruth England. I think the program is called "Man, Woman, Wild". He is kind of like Les in that the program has them in short term survival situations but his wife is there with him. I think it adds a bit of realism to everything... "Eeeeeuuu, a spider". But unlike a lot of the rest of the survivalist type programs... he is a former Green Beret. If I was in deep Doo doo I would want someone that can handle himself when things got hairy.

Good pick, i forgot about him, lets through him in the mix also.

Lundin or Stroud. Cody has a TOTALLY different approach to things than I do. I would like to learn from him.

Stroud is probably one of the two most well versed men(In survival situations) I have ever known of.

If I could throw in one more, Tom Brown, Jr. Same reasons as Lundin and Stroud. This would be my ultimate pick. He's between 'em both in my eyes, so I'd take him as a guide or partner.

Back