Body Armour, when and when not.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe SA

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Amateur Radio Call Sign
ZS6JVZ
I know exactly why they not following the road in that pic.
23cf1ffbc5e0c59ba0117e0282245d9f.jpg

99% of the terrorists cant swim.

Last edited:
I know exactly why they not following the road in that pic.
23cf1ffbc5e0c59ba0117e0282245d9f.jpg

99% of the terrorists cant swim.

Good one, I thought they had gone to the USMC / RM school of navigating, because marines are so bad at navigating all they can do with them is put em in a boat and point them at a ten mile long strip of beach :)

We had Marine Force Recon go through our Army Ranger school, Pathfinder courses and our JOTC in Panama, it was in Panama where I seen the most Marines. :)

Bet they were lost looking for Parris Island, Marines with maps..... one of the most dangerous things in anyones military, nearly as bad as officers with an idea.

What do all Marines have in common?

All failed the entrance test for Rangers / light Infantry :)

View attachment 5855

So there were four guys standing around a camp fire telling stories of their deployments and arguing about who was harder. The seal told about how he and his team swam in and took out an entire encampment and got out completely undetected.

Then the ranger talked about how he and his guys jumped in. Humped twenty five miles to objective. Killed everyone insight and humped twenty five miles out without taking a single causality.

The green beret laughed and told about how he and one guy went into the desert and came back a month later with a hundred highly trained ingenious fighters.

Then they all looked over to the Marine who had been entirely quiet the whole time. Even after silence swept over the others while they waited for him to tell his story he just stood there quietly with a little smile on his face, as he moved the hot coals around in the fire, with his dick.

When I was in the service I took a stray bullet to the helmet. I still get the chills when I picture that chink in my helmet it left.

okay,the brass keep speaking of mobility,but with some heavy body armour,it's gone,it heats your core up in a heart beat,so you need more water to cool you down,more weight.
sure the heavy stuff gives you protection,but still,I'm not sure and yes;
have some first hand experience about this,as I had to carry that stuff around when I was in that training a couple of weeks ago,didn't like it,it was only around 28lbs,but this old goat prefeer something lighter.

okay,the brass keep speaking of mobility,but with some heavy body armour,it's gone,it heats your core up in a heart beat,so you need more water to cool you down,more weight.
sure the heavy stuff gives you protection,but still,I'm not sure and yes;
have some first hand experience about this,as I had to carry that stuff around when I was in that training a couple of weeks ago,didn't like it,it was only around 28lbs,but this old goat prefeer something lighter.
Add in frags smoke 40mike Mike ammo. Ect it was heavy. But sooo worth it.

Latest posts

Back