Books

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loomis

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Good to know. I've been reading army ranger guides . Haven't found good prepper bookss. Sso I'm glad to see the recommedation

Have you ever read this magazine?? Check the pictures.

Attachments

• 602296_538963369463965_1170797059_n.jpg
    602296_538963369463965_1170797059_n.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 4
I dont hate recommendingg books or food? I saw. It in the store the other day and was asking if anyoe else had read them. Like is it a good source. As for food...I don't understand whaat you mean.

Ooops lol quuestion wasn't addressed to me......lol....sorry

People have different tastes, both for food and books. Can't satisfy everybody.

Have you ever read this magazine?? Check the pictures.

Yes, I've read them. Personally I think they are over the top. One issue was the old guy with a shotgun turned tactical. Why does a shotgun have to be tactical. As long as it shoots who cares.

The two things I hate to recommend is food and books. However came by two books I found to be very helpful.
1) Seal Survival Guide by Cade Courtley.
http://www.amazon.com/SEAL-Survival-Guide-Surviving-Disaster/dp/1451690290/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362368524&sr=1-1&keywords=navy seal survival handbook

2) Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the family 3rd Edition
By Arthur T. Bradley, PH.D.
http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Practical-Disaster-Preparedness-Family/dp/1475136536/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362368735&sr=1-1&keywords=handbook to practical disaster preparedness for the family

I have both books and I find them very informative, so just passing it on.
Thanks for the info! I will be checking out the SEAL Survival Guide first!

Yes, I've read them. Personally I think they are over the top. One issue was the old guy with a shotgun turned tactical. Why does a shotgun have to be tactical. As long as it shoots who cares.
I saw the one with the woman and the shotgun at my local CVS, and I too was a bit perplexed as to why anyone would need to go "Tactical Ted" with a 12 gauge shotgun. A flash light would be as far as I would go.

For anyone preparing for a Bio or Chem attack, this is a Must Read. I have had this book since the 80's. Besides the CIA stuff, the sheer knowledge of what's out there is staggering. I can only imagine what the revised edition has. It was revised in 2002. I had that stuff when I was in the Army but this is over that for sure.
The name of it:
A Higher Form of Killing: The Secret History of Chemical and Biological Warfare
by Robert Harris & Jeremy Paxman

http://www.amazon.com/Higher-Form-K...5630&sr=1-1&keywords=a+higher+form+of+killing#_

You may have trouble sleeping. I did.:eek:

Back