Box Culverts (forget the used containers) just a thought

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wolverines are just mean..and strong and feisty..the one animal those people living here in Lapland fears..it's a bloody good hunter

I wonder if wolverines can be trained as guard critters ? :) Hmmm none here in the UK, I'll have to try breeding tactical assault ferrets and polecats.

If the door opens outward....hinges on the outside. (i.e. take out the hinge pins)

except for the 2 storm doors we have, which open outward.all of the origenal doors open in ward..which means i need to get them done up right,where i can put a bar or some thing across them ,for when i lock up the house for the night...

unless you protect and cover those pins,which usually is done here when they install a security lock.

Yep, that's what I had to do for my front double doors and a couple others, but still, though they require specialized tools to remove, still kind of a weak spot.

Exactly. However, there's another pretty easy (interior) way to prevent that too. Just a pain to actually fasten each night, and unfasten in the morning.

I think locks only give you the illusion of security. Any reasonably intelligent crook can get past them. If you have a single window on your building, a simple rock gains access. I like dogs for the early warning, and smith and Wesson for the judge and jury.

The doors in my place are 2" think solid timber with 3x2" steel channel for frames, all hung off walls made the same way. Not bullet proof but certainly boot proof :)

The doors in my place are 2" think solid timber with 3x2" steel channel for frames, all hung off walls made the same way. Not bullet proof but certainly boot proof :)
I am about to make the door for my shelter. I am planning two doors, both for security and insulation. The outer opening door will be similar to what you have, the inner opening door being more for insulation, but adding more strength too. I'll post some picts as I progress.

Latest posts

Back