Cigars

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go9d tradition Mo. Seems Irishman should understand that. Family always comes first
I have instilled some of the military traditions that I enjoyed with my Dad into my sons, grandchildren.
And I know when I pass over, my sons will have a stogie and bourbon in my honor too.
Now I don't know if the Irishman will, but my sons will because of family tradition.

No, we are not together 24/7.
Will we be in the future?
I honestly don't know.
What he heard 3 days ago, was I having a good cry, having a stogie and bourbon on the anniversary of my Dad's passing. And I had received a package from the widow from a former friend and senior NCO containing a stogie and small airline bottle of bourbon to honor his passing per our military unit's tradition. He didn't care for that at all.
I'm an Army brat. The military is the only life I know. It didn't matter where I was stationed in the world, I would try to come home 6 days a year to see my family especially my sons. And have a stogie and bourbon with my Dad. That was our tradition just his and mine. I might only be home a week total, but it was important enough for me to put forth the effort because it was important to my Dad.If I was stationed stateside then my sons were with me, otherwise they were with my parents.
Why are my eyes all wet? I have two daughters and no traditions.

Back