Cleaned out ammo!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain*Heart

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We went and did a little shopping at one of our local Walmarts here and as always I go to the sports dept to check on the ammo. Sometimes I get lucky and they have .22 in stock but as a general rule they do not. And they always have most all the other calibers one would be looking for. Oh, and usually .38 is hard to find on Walmart shelves. They have a good buy on shotgun shells and usually pick up a box or two. Well, tonight the ammo case was bear as a bone. As in cleaned out and not sold out...cleaned out. Not knowing if this is going to be a trend I am going to our other close by Walmart and check it out. So, I will be updating this post to what I find out here in the Tampa Bay area Fl. And for now I am telling myself it is just Walmart being Walmart. Guess time will tell.

thats definitely a thought to think about..i'll be going into town today,to pick up some items for easter sunday..so i'll stop by that wall mart if i can.and have the time to do so..pluss i need to look into arrows for my compound bow.so i can do 2 things at the same time there.

i just got back from town.there's no 22 ammo,as usual.but yet there is ammo there.there's 30.6 30-30 and shotgun ammo.not sure,but i think there's some 45 as well as other calibers...

Our local Wally world has most ammo, just not the 22's often. Their price is ok, on most ammo, but their 5.56 is a little high, probably to smaller sized boxes. I'm just hoping one day they don't stop selling anymore. I'm really tempted to get into reloading, but it costs about as much as buying. The self sufficency part is good though.

Finally made it to our other close by Walmart and the ammo case there looks normal. Half full...the .22 are not there of course but stocked with other calibers that pretty much stay stocked. So, guess maybe just that one for now.

So, I will be updating this post to what I find out here in the Tampa Bay area Fl. And for now I am telling myself it is just Walmart being Walmart. Guess time will tell.

Right in my neck of the woods.

I was in Walmart over the weekend, (putting together Easter baskets late at night, lol)....and they actually had a pretty full case of ammo of different types, even .22. They don't sell it late at night though, or I would have picked it up.

Right in my neck of the woods.

I was in Walmart over the weekend, (putting together Easter baskets late at night, lol)....and they actually had a pretty full case of ammo of different types, even .22. They don't sell it late at night though, or I would have picked it up.
Oh Wow! Lucky you on the .22. Once in a blue moon I can find it in a Walmart. The one that has total empty cases in south St. Pete. Pinellas Park looks like the standard..half empty lol

I'm not sure what is going on there but I do go in there a few times a month but will keep my eye on to what is up. I was thinking maybe a rearranging thing might be going on at the southside one.

Mine used to look like that (Plant City), but much more full these days.

I suspect as we get closer to hunting season though (not until August), we'll see the cases more full routinely though.

Of course, can hunt rabbit and wild pig all year, so.....

Latest posts

Back