College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird stuff happens in a rivalry game, like when Bama plays Auburn.
I remember one year, Bama was undefeated and Auburn hadn't won a single game.
They beat Bama, giving them their single loss for the year. :(

This is what happens when everybody wants your head on a platter. Everyone circles Bama on their schedule. No matter who folks are playing that game is never far from their minds all season.

This year especially, anyone can beat anyone on any given saturday. Especially the sec west. Add TN and GA and you have the top 10 in the nation. Ole Miss is undefeated for the second time in 60 years. Even Vandy and Kentucky are playing good ball.

Ole miss was impressive tonight. The game was close into the 3rd when someone lit the after burner. It was like an explosion, they have a offense that can score on anyone.

TN, this might be the final nail in the coffin of the lsu coach. I don't see him recovering from this. They got whooped badly by the vols!

I give saban props for this. What he's done has made everyone in the sec better, better recruiting, better coaching and most especially, mo' money! I see the sec dominating other conferences for the next decade at least.

You may be right Peanut. new LSU coach is on the hot seat for sure. He admitted during halftime interview they were getting out coached. They sure did in this one.
SEC has been top conference for years, but are getting much deeper among themselves. I wonder what Texas and Ok will do when they start an SEC schedule in 2025? They may end up in the bottom half for several years, if they dont improve their coaching in particular

I think Ok and Tx will do well. Great recuiting grounds, but there's a flipside to that coin. That region will now be open to all sec teams in a way it wasn't before. By that I mean the kids out there now have even more reason to think sec schools, same conference.

Thats right. I expect a and m to give it their best tonight but betting Bama smokes them
It's a good game. (I like that :thumbs:)
Both teams are playing great. Definitely not going to be a 55-0 runaway :rolleyes:.

I'm still here aren't I? Just checking in... you know, to be sure... Couldn't sit down in a chair for a half hour. Pace the room when games are like this. 😁

A bunch of kids went at it! Great and horrible plays, even in the end zone at the same time!!! What? How does that happen?

It was ugly and great. All of them played their hearts out, great to see. Some fantastic catches and runs, fun to watch too.

added... just realized... next week. bama can't play like this against tn and win.

Last edited:
Tn looked very impressive beating LSU. Alabama looked very sloppy beating A&M. I completely agree. They cannot play like that and expect to beat Tn. If they play like that they will have their hands full with Miss State next week.

South Carolina surprised me. I thought Kentucky was better. We came up short again. They just can't seem to play two good games in a row. Played tough but came up short against Florida.

I expected Ole Miss to win, but they didn't wake up until the second half. Vandy must be much improved. I thought Miss State looked very good against Arkansas. That should be a dandy for the state bragging rights at the end of the season.

Texas annihilated Oklahoma. Looks like Lincoln Riley took the heart and soul of that team with him, and used it to turn around USC. IMHO the NCAA should take a very hard look at that.

Whut!!! @Bacpacker ain't giving me and @Peanut a hard time yet? :oops:
Nobody is watching the Alabama and Tennessee game?:dunno:
Both teams undefeated going in.
One thing is certain... we will watch a good game today.:thumbs:

Well Tennessee won the first quarter. I know how he feels having watched Missouri lead Georgia for 55 minutes before they caved. It should be a very good game.

One thing is certain... we will watch a good game today.:thumbs:
Well, was I right? :p
Watching the entire field fill with Tennessee fans and seeing them tear down the goalposts was priceless!!!
Edit: ...and watching them carrying them up in the stands! :oops:.

Last edited:
I couldn't sit still and watch the bama tn game. Lots of great plays by both teams and a great game.

I had a problem with the officiating. If they are going to call a game that close... then do so for both teams. I didn't see that happening. I was so disgusted by half time I started slicing up peppers.

And what was that crap in the 3rd quarter? The chain crew tried to steal a down? One chain guy forgets to flip over his down number to 4th down, that happens. But both chain guys on opposite sides of the field make the exact same mistake on the same play? Nope, that wasn't an accident.

They had to stop the game to figure out the correct down. Neither of those morons should ever work another sec game. They thought they could steal a down for tn. How stupid could they be?

Officiating and chain crews aside the game went about like I thought it would. Knew it would be close. My hats off for those kids.

Just busy today Super. I watched part of the 2nd quarter, finally got to sit down for half the 3rd and all the 4th quarter. Nail biter for sure. Last 30-45 seconds it went from Bama kicking a field goal to win, then missed it. Then Tn has just seconds to get in field goal range. I'm still having a hard time beliveing it.
I thought for sure UT had lost after the fumble recovery for a touch down. Tn defense didn't play good, but got a stop here and there when they really needed one.
Bryce Young is a good QB, it seemed like we were always a step late, or he was just out of reach.
All in all one of the better games I've saw in years. Wouldn't matter who won.
No clue what else went on today

Just busy today Super. I watched part of the 2nd quarter, finally got to sit down for half the 3rd and all the 4th quarter. Nail biter for sure. . I'm still having a hard time beliveing it.
I thought for sure UT had lost after the fumble recovery for a touch down. Tn defense didn't play good, but got a stop here and there when they really needed one.
Bryce Young is a good QB, it seemed like we were always a step late, or he was just out of reach.
All in all one of the better games I've saw in years. Wouldn't matter who won.
Yep! :thumbs:
(If you look close at the above emoji, you will notice that I no longer need to clip my fingernails):LOL:

Anyone watch the fl lsu game? It turned into another good one! Incredible plays by a lot of kids on both teams.
Don't tell on me!gaah
I am required to watch that by my neighbors even though I don't give a rip.:confused:

Well Backpacker gets the bragging rights this year. I watched most of the game, and it had every indication that whoever had the ball last would win, and that is what happened. I did think the officiating was suspect as Peanut mentioned. Alabama was called for 19 penalties. I couldn't find a stat for Tennessee. Seemed like every time Tennessee passed on third down Alabama got called for pass interference. Was Alabama that sloppy or undisciplined? Seemed a little lopsided to me.

Ole Miss looked good against Auburn. I did not watch LSU/Florida but LSU did win. I was happy to see Arkansas beat BYU. I would like to see more intersectional games. Kentucky looked good against Miss State.

Michigan handled Penn State, and Utah beat USC, who IMHO was grossly overrated.

Ill just sit over here and be quite. I am happy though.
Glad USC got beat. We got Ky in 2 weeks, then Georgia. Still a tough run
It was a costly win for UT, even though they did nothing wrong :confused:.
$100,000.:oops:
https://theathletic.com/3699021/2022/10/16/tennessee-goalposts-fine/
The bills are piling up for Tennessee, but the Vols are unbothered. The SEC fined Tennessee $100,000 for violating the league’s access to competition area policy when fans stormed the field after UT upset Alabama, 52-49, on Saturday night.
So, the fans went nuts, and it's the fault of the University?:dunno:

Nobody is watching the Alabama and Tennessee game?:dunno:

Yep. My view, lol.

Kenna game.jpg

Did anybody watch the Ole Miss/Auburn game on SEC Network? They were using a split screen that was so annoying you couldn't watch the game. One screen was the field/game. The other was a view of the sideline depending on what team they were talking about. I switched over to ESPN.

Later in the game I switched back to SEC Network, and they had three screens!! Who would think that was a good idea? :dunno:

Last edited:
Yep, saw parts of aub/Omis, didn't like it. This weekend espn was doing it also. They kept popping up a split screen and showing a baseball game.

If I gave a carp about baseball I'd watch a baseball game!! Guess they are trying for maximum sensory overload. They know we are no longer listening to their social engineering bs. Being unable to think at all is the next best thing.

Alabama certainly rebounded from their loss. I was really surprised Ole Miss lost to LSU. Seemed like most of the conference had the week off. Backpacker, you guys scheduled your cream puff in the middle of the season, but it is still a "W".

Oregon/UCLA must have been a good game.

Alabama certainly rebounded from their loss. I was really surprised Ole Miss lost to LSU. Seemed like most of the conference had the week off. Backpacker, you guys scheduled your cream puff in the middle of the season, but it is still a "W".

Oregon/UCLA must have been a good game.
Fear not, LSU will pay dearly for that win. :mad:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34862895/lsu-fined-250000-field-storming-win-ole-miss
The SEC has imposed another six-figure fine for fans storming the field, this time hitting LSU with a $250,000 penalty.
The conference announced the fine Sunday after LSU fans stormed the field to celebrate a 45-20 win over No. 15 Ole Miss. The Rebels were ranked seventh at the time.

Surprised Ole Miss flopped like they did. Not at all by the Bama game.
Shocked South Carolina beat A&M. I'm bettin Jimbo's leash is tightening up
Most teams scheduled cream puffs for homecoming. Just don't want to lose those games. We have Ky next week, then Georgia in Athens

South Carolina is 5-2

Back