Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of old DPF members I wonder about are TMT and RCD. I know TMT was also a member here and mentioned in this thread previously.
I do miss RainingCatsAndDogs and her views and input.

I don't even remember her. When did she join and how long had she been here? Did she go to the new DDP forum? Did she come from the old one?

The new DDPF is not a threat to this forum. It is a small group of friends, that have the insights to share stuff a day before it comes up here and 2 days before it hits Brietbart and 3 days before MSM.
Some members were here before also and deleted their accounts here . Some were members of all 3 and choose to be here. Some are trying to fit in this group by doing both.

Any of us from DDPF are not an enemy. Full disclosure Yes, I am a Mod. I have deleted a member here comment as a guest because he requested it. I think he felt repercussions from here.

We are all of the same mindset. We can all just get along.

A couple of old DPF members I wonder about are TMT and RCD. I know TMT was also a member here and mentioned in this thread previously.
I do miss RainingCatsAndDogs and her views and input.

The new DDPF is not a threat to this forum. It is a small group of friends, that have the insights to share stuff a day before it comes up here and 2 days before it hits Brietbart and 3 days before MSM.
Some members were here before also and deleted their accounts here . Some were members of all 3 and choose to be here. Some are trying to fit in this group by doing both.

Any of us from DDPF are not an enemy. Full disclosure Yes, I am a Mod. I have deleted a member here comment as a guest because he requested it. I think he felt repercussions from here.

We are all of the same mindset. We can all just get along.
It sounds as though you think this was another attack on DDP. It was not. If you go back and read what I said, you can see that it was simply a couple questions. None of it was negative, just questions for clarification.

I was one person who said several times to be welcoming during the merge, but I know one person on DDP was bashing me. There may have been more that were, but I only saw one.

None of us had a choice in what happened. There was protesting from people on both sides, but not from me. BTW, I belonged to both Doomsday Preppers as well as Homesteading and Country Living. I had been on DDP for a few years, but I was on HCL from very early on when it started and I wanted it to succeed, so I jumped in fully as soon as I joined and saw the bare bones of content. I know that some people were mad as hell, some on both sides. Older people especially sometimes find change hard.

I am aware of the decline in membership numbers after the merge. I have a thread where I have been doing membership counts and other data since HCL started in 2017. I watched and still watch the membership numbers. I know that some people just couldn't even stand the idea of being here. I am not criticizing anyone about that, it is just the reality of the situation. We are all individuals who can tolerate some things but not others.

Yes we are all of the same mindset. And yes, we can get along.

It sounds as though you think this was another attack on DDP. It was not. If you go back and read what I said, you can see that it was simply a couple questions. None of it was negative, just questions for clarification.

I was one person who said several times to be welcoming during the merge, but I know one person on DDP was bashing me. There may have been more that were, but I only saw one.

None of us had a choice in what happened. There was protesting from people on both sides, but not from me. BTW, I belonged to both Doomsday Preppers as well as Homesteading and Country Living. I had been on DDP for a few years, but I was on HCL from very early on when it started and I wanted it to succeed, so I jumped in fully as soon as I joined and saw the bare bones of content. I know that some people were mad as hell, some on both sides. Older people especially sometimes find change hard.

I am aware of the decline in membership numbers after the merge. I have a thread where I have been doing membership counts and other data since HCL started in 2017. I watched and still watch the membership numbers. I know that some people just couldn't even stand the idea of being here. I am not criticizing anyone about that, it is just the reality of the situation. We are all individuals who can tolerate some things but not others.

Yes we are all of the same mindset. And yes, we can get along.
Weedy I have no problem with you..
You joined DPF 2 weeks before the merge. We had several PMs telling me not to look at what was being said about DPF on HCL
If you belonged to DPF before that, it must have been a different screen name. I am kinda like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, if I read I remember it. A curse kinda.
I see the bias against preppers, but I also see more prepping content than Homesteading content.

Your comment that I quoted, was an example of the bias, whether you meant it or not.

If a group of us formed another group to chat and compare, and were still trying to get along here, what is the issue with the new DDPF?

It’s just another way to communicate with like minded people.

I still miss the people I mentioned to get the topic back on track.

Latest posts

Back