Crazy drivers and road rage

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommycourt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
If you have a few minutes I would encourage you to go to "You Tube Videos" and type in "Crazy Drivers & Road Rage". It will surprise you how stupid people can be and how many drive like idiots. I see it here in Az. when all of our snow birds come and they will cut from the far left lane over to the right hand instantly because they are confused or lost.
Some of the videos actually show fist fights when they stop or drive next to someone who has stopped. Another interesting fact is how easily SUV's are flipped over on their tops when they get hit on the sides of their vehicles. I know I am getting on in my 70's however there are things done that even my pea sized brain wouldn't do. It does make you realize how fast things happen and how many accidents are hit and runs. 1 SUV is flipped over on it's top and the driver who hit them just kept on driving. I think it makes me more aware when I am driving.

Tommy

Being an avid motorcyclist you don't have to tell me about the bad drivers, I see them from every state East and West along I-70 as they try to make it thru Ohio without missing a single text message, eating a 12 course meal from the dash or trying to program their stereo system to play Hindi rock music. My head is on a swivel all the time and I do not hesitate anymore to pass road hogs hold up traffic because they don't wanna pass but also enjoy the feeling of control they get holding up 30 people trying to get around them. I have both a camera on my helmet and one in my car and truck because video proof is often the only evidence which matters when the police become involved.

I had a guy drive up on the sidewalk to tell me I should learn how to drive. This was after every time I tried moving over he would speed up to keep me from getting over.
I know one thing for sure you don't get in a discussion of who was right or wrong with a moron instigator.
A friend of mine once said when people get behind the wheel of a vehicle then the race is on. I am so glad I no longer have to commute into Houston.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have found that if you drive around with this look on your face while eating a crayon, folks tend to leave you alone.

I watch a lot of YouTube (beats TV all to hell) and I watched a lot of that road rage stuff along with stupid drivers, crashes, fights, etc.

Wanna see people as they were? Check out bad neighbors, neighbor from hell, etc.

Ever watch porch pirates? It's amazing that about everyone is a friggin thief. Tom Mabe has a video getting back at one. Very funny.

I'm going to be staying just north of the airport there for a week, working the rail line from Ontario to the West Colton rail yard. Let me borrow that tank while I'm there...

It still amazes me on how stupid some people are. The guy who smashed the windshield with a pipe is on a camera and you can clearly see his license plate. To me the driver of the other car should file assault charges. The one thing I do know, watching these videos makes me more aware of my driving and watching out for the other guy. All my vehicles are old, BUT, I do everything I can to keep them in good shape. It takes a lot of work but for me it's worth it.

Quote from Albert Einstein: The only infinite things in life is the universe and the stupidity of man!!!

Tommy

I should put my dash cam back in my 18, it's amazing how stupid people will get trying to win the right of way around a big truck.

I should put my dash cam back in my 18, it's amazing how stupid people will get trying to win the right of way around a big truck.
Sounds like a plan! I know what I'm hooking up for my daughters car for her birthday.
Here is a link of people "brake checking". cars and semi's :shitfan:

True but I see some 18's that make JBHunt look like a professional operation. What's with the I have 18 wheels and I'll block traffic for miles down the road by sitting in the far left lane? Makes me wish Ohio would bring back the lower speed and lane restrictions for trucks. Between bad driving and distracted drivers I film every moment on the road. If it's me so be it but my bet is it will show the craptastic skills of the other guy.

True but I see some 18's that make JBHunt look like a professional operation. What's with the I have 18 wheels and I'll block traffic for miles down the road by sitting in the far left lane? Makes me wish Ohio would bring back the lower speed and lane restrictions for trucks. Between bad driving and distracted drivers I film every moment on the road. If it's me so be it but my bet is it will show the craptastic skills of the other guy.

Hey now, I spend most of my day in Ohio every other day, I don't need anything else to slow me down, LOL!

I run the 'green stamp' (turnpike) and that is left lane restricted, I know it doesn't stop some, but I for one won't take the chance on the ticket.

As far as the blocking the lane, if you're speaking to 3 lanes to 2 or 2 lanes to 1, I can only say that IF everyone would pay heed to the lane ends signs usually posted quite a ways before running out of real estate in that lane and merge beforehand you probably wouldn't see that behavior.

Hey now, I spend most of my day in Ohio every other day, I don't need anything else to slow me down, LOL!

I run the 'green stamp' (turnpike) and that is left lane restricted, I know it doesn't stop some, but I for one won't take the chance on the ticket.

As far as the blocking the lane, if you're speaking to 3 lanes to 2 or 2 lanes to 1, I can only say that IF everyone would pay heed to the lane ends signs usually posted quite a ways before running out of real estate in that lane and merge beforehand you probably wouldn't see that behavior.
Yeah, I'm of I-70 where it's been expanded to 6 lanes. My family has lots of truck driving in it but they all took pride in being professionals and they are where I got my driving skills from. I know the majority of the idiots are on 4 wheels but I give truckers a more critical eye because one, they are supposed to be the professionals, the best drivers on the road, not the biggest problem on it. Second is simple, a truck can wipe out an entire freeway. They need to be 100% behind that wheel, not kinda sort of okay.
Like my Dad said, "every driver on the road should experience driving a truck and a motorcycle at least once in their lives so they can see how their driving effects others."

One thing I learned from the brake checkers, don't swerve. Smack their ass instead. I wore out my first dash cam and now have a new one.

One thing I learned from the brake checkers, don't swerve. Smack their ass instead. I wore out my first dash cam and now have a new one.
Better yet, maintain assured clear distance and stay away from *******s. I'll let a dill weed go and find someone else to play their moron games with. ;)

Latest posts

Back