Crazy drivers and road rage

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but I give truckers a more critical eye because one, they are supposed to be the professionals, the best drivers on the road, not the biggest problem on it.

Couldn't agree more, I have to deal with them too. I try and give all the breaks I can, but for the most part I don't receive them in return.

You have to remember, there are 'old school' truckers of which I am one, and the new 'professional steering wheel holders' are taking over. I see drivers on a daily basis driving down the road with a foot up on the dash, ear buds in and playing on their phone, these are not Pro's IMO, LOL.

Couldn't agree more, I have to deal with them too. I try and give all the breaks I can, but for the most part I don't receive them in return.

You have to remember, there are 'old school' truckers of which I am one, and the new 'professional steering wheel holders' are taking over. I see drivers on a daily basis driving down the road with a foot up on the dash, ear buds in and playing on their phone, these are not Pro's IMO, LOL.
Yeah, lot's of seven 11 clerks and taxi drivers now drive trucks. Funniest part to me is they now put G.O.A.L. right on their mirrors because they are such half ass truckers.

When I was on patrol. many of these "7-Eleven" (Pakistan) truckers would get their licenses in Canada, therefore bypassing the much harder testing and medical screening that the United States requires. They did now know the rules of the road, what the large commercial trucker laws were, now knew what a truck route meant, since they could not even read English.

When I was on patrol. many of these "7-Eleven" (Pakistan) truckers would get their licenses in Canada, therefore bypassing the much harder testing and medical screening that the United States requires. They did now know the rules of the road, what the large commercial trucker laws were, now knew what a truck route meant, since they could not even read English.

I've heard stories of Mexican truckers using the same reciprocity rules.

I've heard stories of Mexican truckers using the same reciprocity rules.

Yep, they do. I was at one of my stops in Mantua a few weeks back, and a driver came in that couldn't speak a lick of English. They had to call the drivers dispatcher to translate as to what he was there to pick up. :bang Head:

Yep, they do. I was at one of my stops in Mantua a few weeks back, and a driver came in that couldn't speak a lick of English. They had to call the drivers dispatcher to translate as to what he was there to pick up. :bang Head:

:confused::wait::wait::wait::wait::wait: Anything to save a buck. :oops:

Duuuhhh!

Yeah, I'm of I-70 where it's been expanded to 6 lanes. My family has lots of truck driving in it but they all took pride in being professionals and they are where I got my driving skills from. I know the majority of the idiots are on 4 wheels but I give truckers a more critical eye because one, they are supposed to be the professionals, the best drivers on the road, not the biggest problem on it. Second is simple, a truck can wipe out an entire freeway. They need to be 100% behind that wheel, not kinda sort of okay.
Like my Dad said, "every driver on the road should experience driving a truck and a motorcycle at least once in their lives so they can see how their driving effects others."

I totally agree! I have my A but never used it much, but I do have decades on a bike. You tend to become a very defensive driver.

I totally agree! I have my A but never used it much, but I do have decades on a bike. You tend to become a very defensive driver.
Greatest compliment I get from people is that I drive like I ride a motorcycle. My head is on a swivel and just because I looked in the mirror doesn't mean I don't turn my head and look in the blind spot too. Dad taught me to always know what vehicles are around me. He'd just ask out of the blue what color and type car was to my left or right.

Latest posts

Back