Define your thoughts about "Tribe" in Prepping/Survival concepts.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
"NOT" asking you to define your tribe. Asking in your opinion, what others could likely manage as far as size of tribe they are genuienly willing to be responsible too.

Please don't make this political. Please save the grandiose tribe size, of your country or city, etc.

Maybe speak to your tribe's concept of its responsibility to other members.

"NOT" asking you to define your tribe. Asking in your opinion, what others could likely manage as far as size of tribe they are genuienly willing to be responsible too.

Please don't make this political. Please save the grandiose tribe size, of your country or city, etc.

Maybe speak to your tribe's concept of its responsibility to other members.
My siblings and their family.

About 20 or so.

Ben

Hmm, genuinely willing? 5 max... maybe that's pushing it.

I would say all must have basic skills and understand camp responsibilities/security. Beyond that- If you cannot hunt, productively/safely/responsibly you must learn to skin, flesh and preserve etc.etc. sort of thing.

Gathering, refining and preserving resources will be a constant for all, but those lower in skills would be relegated to mundane repetitive tasks out of necessity until enough surplus can be obtained to invest in training for more complex and interesting responsibilities.

Currently building my tribe from scratch😆

I don't have a family, or a tribe. My sorta MAG fell apart 4 years ago. I guess I'm a lone wolf, for now.

There is no "right" answer to this. Here is one posable idea. "Core" tribe might be first degree kindred.

Broader (Not Core) might include second degree kindred.

I am currently Tribeless. There are a very few who if they "just happened" to get caught/trapped near me, I would welcome.

I think speaking only for myself. It would be, could I sleep soundly in the same dwelling/shelter/building, without any apprehension.

Latest posts

Back