Disappeared?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still here, just doesn't seem the same without the little yellow truck or Phideaux.

I'm still here, just doesn't seem the same without the little yellow truck or Phideaux.

I read this forum and the homesteader forum most days. Conversed with the Yellow Pickup guy yesterday - he's still working on it. I didn't point it out, but when he cashes in his chips and buys the farm, the Yellow Pickup will still need messing with. In Tommy's case that is a good thing. [He told me that 283 parts are hard to find now; never thought that would come to pass.]

I'm still here, I come in and look around at least two or three times a day !.............:didmiss::confused;

I'm still here, I come in and look around at least two or three times a day !.............:didmiss::confused;
I still come here once each day however will be busy sometimes in the near future learning to become an apprentice executor.
And I worry about guys that go silent more than you guys:
Supervisor42 said:
"I'm too scared to email him, maybe someone brave can rattle his cage?"
We all are ticking clocks.
I've seen too many stop ticking in the last few years...
IMG_2783.JPG

Post dammit!

Had some more surgery done to correct the surgery already done on my neck (DON'T ASK) and hope to be back soon.

Had some more surgery done to correct the surgery already done on my neck (DON'T ASK) and hope to be back soon.
Get well bud. I may be going through some of that in the near future,as well as my lower back but I'm holding off as long as possible. Hang in there.

OK Jerry, don't you go half cocked on us buddy! Go get ya self fixed up there my friend!

I'm just concerned about the money and what condition I'd be in afterwards. Being on disability and Medicare which don't pay squat,I can't afford 1 surgery let alone multiple surgeries,which is probably how it would end up. I've actually been feeling better the last few weeks so I'm thinking the winter weather was probably a major factor. You know how arthritis is I'm sure and since my spine is arthritis from 1 end to the other it makes sense I guess.
I appreciate your concerns and I'm going to do the best I can at staying as healthy as possible ;).

I'm just concerned about the money and what condition I'd be in afterwards. Being on disability and Medicare which don't pay squat,I can't afford 1 surgery let alone multiple surgeries,which is probably how it would end up. I've actually been feeling better the last few weeks so I'm thinking the winter weather was probably a major factor. You know how arthritis is I'm sure and since my spine is arthritis from 1 end to the other it makes sense I guess.
I appreciate your concerns and I'm going to do the best I can at staying as healthy as possible ;).
I have multiple chassis joints that are worn out. I'm going to wait until I can do downtime after I retire in October.
I will spend the money. Just the thought of being someone that needs to be cared-for is the blocking rock for me. Never had to do that before.
I need to complete the move to the 10x12 cell that awaits me in LA first.

I have multiple chassis joints that are worn out. I'm going to wait until I can do downtime after I retire in October.
I will spend the money. Just the thought of being someone that needs to be cared-for is the blocking rock for me. Never had to do that before.
I need to complete the move to the 10x12 cell that awaits me in LA first.
I'm not to the point that I have to have people take care of me yet and I hope I can catch it before it gets to that point but I'm afraid the surgeries will. That's why I want to.wait until I'm about to that point so I won't really have anything to loose. I know it's a gamble either way but I've heard nothing but bad stuff about back surgery.

I'm not to the point that I have to have people take care of me yet and I hope I can catch it before it gets to that point but I'm afraid the surgeries will. That's why I want to.wait until I'm about to that point so I won't really have anything to loose. I know it's a gamble either way but I've heard nothing but bad stuff about back surgery.
Research your options well. They have synthetic inserts to take the place of damaged/destroyed cartilage discs now. Fusing vertebrae together is a lazy shortcut that only makes the joints above and below it have to move further and starts a domino effect. What's available close to you is likely not the best by a long-shot (gun pun).
As for shoulder joints, if your arm is in a sling and you can't put on a pair of pants or wipe your butt for 6 months, that's a lot to ask a loved one to do.
NoDeal.gif

Research your options well. They have synthetic inserts to take the place of damaged/destroyed cartilage discs now. Fusing vertebrae together is a lazy shortcut that only makes the joints above and below it have to move further and starts a domino effect. What's available close to you is likely not the best by a long-shot (gun pun).
As for shoulder joints, if your arm is in a sling and you can't put on a pair of pants or wipe your butt for 6 months, that's a lot to ask a loved one to do.
View attachment 6174
I'm not sure what all they have around here but supposedly the surgeon I'm seeing is new and has new ways of doing things so I'd say he might,not sure though.
And yes that last part is a lot to ask someone, especially with me and my wife's schedules. I'll have to just wait and see how things go. The last few days I haven't done as good and it's probably because of all the rain.

I'm still here & I'll keep it simple & real, I just enjoy chatting, talking, shootin the $hit, ratchet jawing, BS ing & just interacting with you folks!!!

Love that song!!!

Reminds me of my younger years........smoking dope, drinking cheap wine & chasing tail!!!!
...and occasionally getting some tail. And drag-racing.
It's a wonder any of us lived:rolleyes:.
But it damn-sure was fun!

Now we have rusting joints instead of smoking them, and the parts that get stiff today, aren't the right one.
go crazy.gif

Sup, you are so right, in that it sure was fun!

Well, knowing what I know now, I would have done things differently....

NOT!!!
When the sweaty fat-chick said: "Let's do it", I wouldn't have been vain...
I woulda plowed that like a muddy 40-acre field!:D

(now see what happens when you let the nice people 'Disappear')
Back on topic, Where is Shooter?

Well, knowing what I know now, I would have done things differently....

NOT!!!
When the sweaty fat-chick said: "Let's do it", I wouldn't have been vain...
I woulda plowed that like a muddy 40-acre field!:D

(now see what happens when you let the nice people 'Disappear')
Back on topic, Where is Shooter?
LMAO Sup, too funny!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yous guys r right, its kinda like me hooked to this O2 machine so all I got ta do is sit here at this bench & jaw with you all & fiddle with me guns !...........

Yous guys r right, its kinda like me hooked to this O2 machine so all I got ta do is sit here at this bench & jaw with you all & fiddle with me guns !...........
Keep posting Tom, as it's people like you who keep this board interesting & fun!

Latest posts

Back