Doing things beyond you age... for fun.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They aren't dangerous if you don't make a necklace out of them and wear it every day. :rolleyes:
What are they used for?
One of my boltwoodite rocks is in the small ziplock bag HERE testing a radiation detector. :)
(no, my hot-rocks do not stay in the house.:rolleyes:)
Kinda like the 1950 uranium glass...I think it's pretty neeto..I'd like to have a peice or two but same thing as your hot rocks, they won't stay in the house.

I can’t remember everything! I want to go rockhounding too!!! Sapphires, turquoise, anything in America. Someone posted some rock hound videos a while back.
I was wondering what you all meant by rock hounding, LOL, gem mining! I have some nice emerald earings from NC and a large saphire ring
We used to take the kids and get a few buckets, fun times!

Swimming with sharks...I'm crazy, I know I'm crazy I've always been crazy but your waaayyy out there past me!!!

Guilty as charged, but IMHO it isn't any worse than jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

I will even take it to a new level. I would like to go to Australia and swim with Great Whites. In a cage of course. I'm crazy, but not dumb. ;)

I had a friend that was a rockhound.He use to go all the time i go with him for the hiking just so we could pal around together.We done lots of fishing as well.Anyhow we went to an area once and hiked miles into it.There was a sow bear with cubs there and she ran us off the site...well we were like it was to far to get here for this to happen so we headed back and ran her and cubs off so we could dig around some.We hit jackpot...now like i said i aint a rockhound but i filled my pack up when we left...lol

About a week later i was getting on an airplane with extreme weight limits and i handed that pack up and they complained about its weight and asked what was in it.I laughed real big and said why rocks of course...they said yea sure it is....lol..little did they know it was rocks....lol..they made room for my pack....lol

I was on a mtn once at a place and it was highest place i had been at that time.Way above treeline and i felt since i was close to the top i had to go all the way.So i hit over 14,000 feet at top and there were purple rocks there so i carried one of them off that mtn. Scrambling through those boulder fields will eat up boot leather fast i tell ya.

well I still have this, and some other parts

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back