dropped my smart phone today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
i had to go into town for a couple of things.everything went great,untill i got home,parked the car.then i go out.thats when i dropped the phone on the concrete garage floor.cracks all through the screen..so i logged into their web site.and tried things that way,on getting a replacement phone.no go,on account that drop is considered as misuse.now i call their 1-877 number.got things dealt with.and i'll be getting a new replacement phone in 7 to 10 days..bottom line is.dont drop your phone..LOL

i had to go into town for a couple of things.everything went great,untill i got home,parked the car.then i go out.thats when i dropped the phone on the concrete garage floor.cracks all through the screen..so i logged into their web site.and tried things that way,on getting a replacement phone.no go,on account that drop is considered as misuse.now i call their 1-877 number.got things dealt with.and i'll be getting a new replacement phone in 7 to 10 days..bottom line is.dont drop your phone..LOL
those baby's don't bounce very well now do they,,,lol

What do you expect, they are manufactured using slave labor in 3rd world countries!

not if you choose to keep and use it for some time..lol..i doubt they will.but.,i got to wondering,if they'll send a new charger with it..

ok here's a pic of the lovely sight..

DSCN1886.JPG

For future reference, you can buy one of those protective cases and falls aren't a huge deal.

Been there done that LOL

That's why I now have a Droid Turbo 2 with a shatterproof screen.

And yes it really is shatterproof. I have two tiny chunks of screen missing where it hit the concrete - twice.

Hunny has his in the protective case, then wears it in another case on his belt. All I know is it is a smart phone and he gas dropped it a few tonnes. Me, I still have the flip kind that they say is indestructible & waterproof. . I am on my second one though. ☺

My phone is in the otter box case, and it really is tough. Don't want to know how many times is has fallen, but no damage anyways. The thirty bucks spent on it was worth it. My iPad went down the wood stairs inside the house, end over end all the way to the bottom. Thought for sure it was a goner, but it's one tough toy. Not a scratch, and no protective case. Doubt I would have had the same results on concrete though.

+1 on the otter boxes. I have one for my work phone and my work I pad. Drag it through crawlspaces, attics, drop it out of the truck all the time. Everyday for over 2 years now. Definately worth it.

so a smart phone isn't very "smart" after all, who would have guessed, i'll stick with my old Nokia non camera phone.

Get a lifeproof case. (and the insurance from the phone provider)...

i had forgotten about the insurance..in which i can use my phone to get it..im not sure.but i think that i can get it for my moms phone,as well as mine..

I've actually used my lifeproof case to take pics underwater with no problem....

Back