Energy Drinks

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Brands

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Amateur Radio Call Sign
K4X
Do you ever drink energy drinks? What do you think? I like to drink them after working out and at night. I don't rely on the caffeine for work or anything, I just like the focus I get.

I drink coffee every morning. That's enough bad habit for me. Seriously, my son used to drink several a day. When he started having chest pains he stopped. This stuff isn't good for you.

I drink coffee every morning. That's enough bad habit for me. Seriously, my son used to drink several a day. When he started having chest pains he stopped. This stuff isn't good for you.

He would drink several energy drinks per day??!!

ditto on the coffee. instant for me.
Aghhhh! I have some instant stored for the end of the world but hope I'll never have to resort to using it. I still remember my mother drinking Sanka. Downright nasty stuff. Lol

Yeah, I drank instant back in the day. But now I think I'd drink roasted dandelion root if all I had was instant.

See: http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?threads/dandelion-recipes.3887/#post-46165

You can always just stock up on NoDoz for your caffeine requirements. Since I'm not addicted to caffeine, the only reason I drink caffeinated coffee first thing in the morning is to get my, um, "system" moving. I can switch to decaf - and often do - without any side effects other than constipation. Switching to natural coffee substitute won't be a big deal for me.

Yeah, I drank instant back in the day. But now I think I'd drink roasted dandelion root if all I had was instant.

See: http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?threads/dandelion-recipes.3887/#post-46165

You can always just stock up on NoDoz for your caffeine requirements. Since I'm not addicted to caffeine, the only reason I drink caffeinated coffee first thing in the morning is to get my, um, "system" moving. I can switch to decaf - and often do - without any side effects other than constipation. Switching to natural coffee substitute won't be a big deal for me.
I think for me it's the calming effect of a warm drink and relaxing as I slowly wake up for the day more than the caffeine. Im going to have to try the dandelion thing one day just so I know how.

its labelled "rich roast" and its from budget supermarket Lidl, £1.49 for a large jar, I've always drunk instant coffee, its the "real" coffee I cant drink, its disgusting and undrinkable.

BigPaul, I can't stand most of the "real" coffee either. You just have to know what to look for. And you have to realize that any coffee starts to oxidize and go rancid the moment it is ground. Fresh ground whole bean coffee is the only way to get really good coffee. Squeeze the bag and smell the coffee before buying it. If it assaults your nose, then stay away from it. If it is good coffee, the smell should be intoxicating!

There is a chain of doughnut shops here called Dunkin' Donuts that has coffee that is better than anything at Starbucks.

we have places like COSTA coffee and the stuff is undrinkable and tastes vile, i'll stick to instant, i'm used to it and I like the taste. it also dosent give you a high like some people I know who drink the other coffee.

had coffe in UK ages ago,well it was called that at the hotel ;) drank tea for the rest of the journey.

02_19_2017_Sudden_Coffee-070-Edit_large.jpg
as this is available in US,has anyone of you tried it?? costly as hell but should be amazing.

ps.invented by a Finn :)

even coffee will be out of the pic for most of us,though if so,I'll make my substitute.

my stock will only last so long, then i'll be drinking water like most people.

BigPaul, I can't stand most of the "real" coffee either. You just have to know what to look for. And you have to realize that any coffee starts to oxidize and go rancid the moment it is ground. Fresh ground whole bean coffee is the only way to get really good coffee. Squeeze the bag and smell the coffee before buying it. If it assaults your nose, then stay away from it. If it is good coffee, the smell should be intoxicating!

There is a chain of doughnut shops here called Dunkin' Donuts that has coffee that is better than anything at Starbucks.
I keep four large cans of ground coffee in the pantry. As much as I enjoy the stuff I would have fifteen or twenty, but you're right about it going bad. I've not noticed any drop in quality or taste from the sealed cans that are six to nine months old, but have read it's best to stay under a year. I also keep a decent supply of sugar and creamer. Just can't enjoy the stuff black.

I keep four large cans of ground coffee in the pantry. As much as I enjoy the stuff I would have fifteen or twenty, but you're right about it going bad. I've not noticed any drop in quality or taste from the sealed cans that are six to nine months old, but have read it's best to stay under a year. I also keep a decent supply of sugar and creamer. Just can't enjoy the stuff black.

I've got about 20 pounds of beans. That won't last forever, but my wife doesn't drink it either.

And if tshtf and no power, we have a crank grinder that does better than the electric one I have.

Creamer, sugar? Blech! Black coffee is the only way I got through college!

I've got about 20 pounds of beans. That won't last forever, but my wife doesn't drink it either.

And if tshtf and no power, we have a crank grinder that does better than the electric one I have.

Creamer, sugar? Blech! Black coffee is the only way I got through college!
In drank it black in the army, but guess I'm not as tough anymore!

Latest posts

Back