frozen

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever tried a pellet stove? I was considering getting one because you don't need to vent them.

I have not, sorry.

One current and expanding in the future problem is more and more wood stoves are illegal to use.

One current and expanding in the future problem is more and more wood stoves are illegal to use.
I've heard of that in many areas. I think that any new wood stove manufactured and sold today must meet some EPA bullsht guidelines. Depending on where one lives, any wood stove can be used. Years ago I made several wood stoves, and people loved them. I think the problem today with using a non EPA wood stove is getting insurance on your house.

I "Think" Fairbanks, Alaska has regulations on woodstove usage.

Have you ever tried a pellet stove? I was considering getting one because you don't need to vent them.
you still need to vent them, but not like a wood stove, but they need outside energy to operate.

you still need to vent them, but not like a wood stove, but they need outside energy to operate.
And pellets. I looked into it for the cabin but nixed it because you can only burn pellets and if they are made unobtainable then what? The hopper required electricity to operate and a power outage would render it unusable.

We don’t have any regulations on wood stoves here in NJ that I’m aware of outside of the EPA requirements on new stoves. In Dad’s house we have a Vermont Casting Intrepid in the living room. It’s about 30 years old and has the catalyst for smoke particulates. I love it. It has a top load feature that is also a griddle for cooking, although I never used it that way. I’m hoping to get a Vermont Castings one installed up at the cabin.

Latest posts

Back