Gender Neutral Submarine?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Internet Constable
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
https://www.foxnews.com/us/navy-launches-uss-new-jersey-first-gender-neutral-submarine-us-fleet

The USS New Jersey has a crew of nearly 135 male and female sailors.

When the Navy lifted its ban on women in submarines in 2010, concern about the living quarters being too tight and a lack of privacy prompted the Navy to retrofit subs and designate washrooms.

The USS New Jersey was commissioned during a ceremony held Saturday at Naval Weapons Station Earle in Middletown, New Jersey.

The USS New Jersey was designed for two genders from the outset with accommodations like increased privacy in washrooms and sleeping areas, Vice Admiral Robert Gaucher, commander of Submarine Forces Atlantic, told NorthJersey.com. Access to top bunks and overhead valves were also designed with the height, reach and strength of women in mind.

The nuclear-powered submarine was unofficially nicknamed "Jersey Girl," and its interior spaces decorated with posters and memorabilia representing the state, including a guitar signed by Jon Bon Jovi, the news outlet reported.

The sub is 377 feet long with a 34-foot beam. It can dive to depths greater than 800 feet and operate at speeds in excess of 25 knots, and is able to dive to depths greater than 800 feet.

I have no issues with women in the military, but the guys on the subs were already a 'special' group and I do not want to even see the women who are willing to live in a water rocket.

And what are the other 68 genders going to do? Where's they/their sub!?

However, if they are in the Army they need to know that every other word out of an enlisted man’s mouth begins with “F”, or “MF”.
If they can’t handle that, join the Air Force.
LOL

Found it.

pink.png

Hmmmm, might change the old saying "Any port in a Storm"...?!?

I say no special accommodations for women.

Everyone is "equal". "F" it.
I believe submariners have limits on height to start with. Most everything on a sub is very technical so women should do fine.

It has been 45 years or so since was passed over for subs (because I had bad ears), but I believe they are submerged for 6 months at a go.

Military aged men could be challenged behaving.

Ben

To be fair, the Navy doesn't have a choice. Recruitment is well below minimums and they are moth-balling vessels left and right. It's either go co-ed, like many ships and carriers already are, are concede the waters to China.
The Navy is so hard up for enlistees that they no longer require a high school diploma.

Two years ago the Army began a program where those without high school diploma could enlist conditionally, and after classes if they earned their GED they could go on to Basic Training.

To be fair, the Navy doesn't have a choice. Recruitment is well below minimums and they are moth-balling vessels left and right. It's either go co-ed, like many ships and carriers already are, are concede the waters to China.
There's talk of re-enacting the draft.

Sounds better than a sub full of homos . This brings me to a story about a guy of my families acquaintance . He joined the navy and was assigned the top bunk . Below him on the bottom bunk was a homo that had a friend that joined him each night as soon as the lights went out . You can emagine the sounds and conversation taking place just a few feet from him . The guy complained to his superior officer , but it seems his superior officer was a homo also and told our family acquaintance to suck it up . -- Well our family acquaintance couldn't tolerate this envirinment that he was cast into and went A.W.O.L. . He bought a fast motorcycle and simply drove very fast everywhere he went trying to avoid being captured . One day a flew around a sharp curve and there sat a garbage truck in the road . He hit the garbage truck with his motoecycle and that ended the life of the guy that once wanted to serve his country .

There's talk of re-enacting the draft.
I’d love it.
That would fix some of these whining bitches.
Of course, the rich would still be able to dodge the draft, just like Biden, Trump, and so many, many others.

Sounds better than a sub full of homos . This brings me to a story about a guy of my families acquaintance . He joined the navy and was assigned the top bunk . Below him on the bottom bunk was a homo that had a friend that joined him each night as soon as the lights went out . You can emagine the sounds and conversation taking place just a few feet from him . The guy complained to his superior officer , but it seems his superior officer was a homo also and told our family acquaintance to suck it up . -- Well our family acquaintance couldn't tolerate this envirinment that he was cast into and went A.W.O.L. . He bought a fast motorcycle and simply drove very fast everywhere he went trying to avoid being captured . One day a flew around a sharp curve and there sat a garbage truck in the road . He hit the garbage truck with his motoecycle and that ended the life of the guy that once wanted to serve his country .
That's really sad. A superior should have honored his request to be moved.

The Navy is so hard up for enlistees that they no longer require a high school diploma.

Two years ago the Army began a program where those without high school diploma could enlist conditionally, and after classes if they earned their GED they could go on to Basic Training.
The military and police are hiring illegals I read.

Back