Googles Alexa, Freind or foe?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any prepaid can be traced entering and leaving any cell tower area. It will show up on a time scale, it was there, stayed this long,
and left.

They can probably find the text messages or conversations that took place at that time, from that phone, who was called, etc. If they want to go through the time and effort, that information is there.

The point being, purchased with cash, there is nothing to connect the phone to you. So on their system records, it says Tracfone 336644ttt8844 entered cell tower service area such and such at whatever time... Records would show where that phone was purchased, store cameras could be used to identify the buyer, possibly.

With my smartphone, it just blurts my name twenty four seven everywhere I go. And lets every company out there access my contacts, photos, text, email, location, movements, purchases... they may not care that it's ME in some existential or personal sense. But it builds up a pattern of who I am, over time. I become predictable. I buy certain things, have a certain interest set, go a few places over and over...

I don't doubt that a program could be made to simply look for anomalies. Flag it for human eyeballs.

I'll use the smartphone for this job, while I am here, it will have paid for itself by the time I'm ready to move, and I will crack it open and chuck it.

So, just curious here, how many people on this forum actually have any of these devices in their home?
I know I’ve turned Siri off on my Apple phone several times and she still pops up on the screen fairly often asking how can she help me.....

I mean, really, think about how easy it is for the gov now.

Want to identify "preppers" for any reason?

Just google "prepper", "prepper forums", "prepper websites"... Then contact the companies that those websites, forums, what-have-you are built on, and start getting a constant stream of member activity. Time on the forum. Have the website host search for and flag certain keywords. Get the member emails given on joining. Contact google, rifle through their emails, look at their location patterns, their recent purchases online...

Then associate that pattern with a certain type of potential criminal citizen... useful stores for future confiscation... possible armed opposition in the event of martial law... dissemination of information useful to a subset of people who are looking to live off grid, reduce their debt, grow their own food, be independent of the government.

Any prepaid can be traced entering and leaving any cell tower area. It will show up on a time scale, it was there, stayed this long,
and left.

They can probably find the text messages or conversations that took place at that time, from that phone, who was called, etc. If they want to go through the time and effort, that information is there.

The point being, purchased with cash, there is nothing to connect the phone to you. So on their system records, it says Tracfone 336644ttt8844 entered cell tower service area such and such at whatever time... Records would show where that phone was purchased, store cameras could be used to identify the buyer, possibly.

With my smartphone, it just blurts my name twenty four seven everywhere I go. And lets every company out there access my contacts, photos, text, email, location, movements, purchases... they may not care that it's ME in some existential or personal sense. But it builds up a pattern of who I am, over time. I become predictable. I buy certain things, have a certain interest set, go a few places over and over...

I don't doubt that a program could be made to simply look for anomalies. Flag it for human eyeballs.

I'll use the smartphone for this job, while I am here, it will have paid for itself by the time I'm ready to move, and I will crack it open and chuck it.
I didn't know that was the case at all. I'll be a lot more careful with where I buy and where the cameras are in the shop I buy it from. Wear clothes that I would never wear again, buy from a charity shop and donate back. Having eyes on us at all times makes us all so vunerable.

This is a new age. Generation X is the last generation that could conceal information by simply not speaking.

Now, peoples entire lives are, at least in part, recorded. Filmed. Documented. Right there for anyone with the authority to just bring up on screen.

The next generation of law enforcement will be suspicious over an older persons lack of online presence. I guarantee it. I already had a landlord who was "nervous" about my lack of online information. Criminal background check, google search, public records, social media... it all drew a blank, and she brought it up. She could see where I was born, and places I lived years ago, and that was it.

We will stand out, simply by our lack of participation.

So, just curious here, how many people on this forum actually have any of these devices in their home?
I know I’ve turned Siri off on my Apple phone several times and she still pops up on the screen fairly often asking how can she help me.....
Not me, I have an old iPhone. Can't afford such doo doo.

If using a computer at a library or someone elses, it can identify you by keystroke , it is like a signature. Well..... I guess we're all doomed.;)

Not me, I have an old iPhone. Can't afford such doo doo.
Walmart, 300.00 for I phone 6+ and straight talk no contract for 42.00 a month. I can’t believe people pay a grand for a phone and sign a two year contract!

Walmart, 300.00 for I phone 6+ and straight talk no contract for 42.00 a month. I can’t believe people pay a grand for a phone and sign a two year contract!
my money will not go to a phone, I'd rather buy ammo or some other good stuff. Not technology. It will be Matrix someday, people living on technology and no idea what the real world is.

I have an Alexa, but I unplugged. I found out that hackers can get thru them and end up with you financial information. I became fascinated by that and the Facebook scandal of them gathering your information. I got a book called, "The Art of Invisibility" It is written by a hacker and he teaches you a lot of information of how much information is actually out there about you, with you not even trying. It's a good read. I am still working on it.

Old phones, new phones? I have an old flip style phone and will continue to buy new ones for later. I have 3 waiting in the wings and new chargers, batteries and sim cards from another 8 or 9. this old style I have confirmed has no tracking chip. this was confirmed the last time I called 911 and they asked me where I was calling from. the operator told me "you have an untrackable cell phone". There are a few others that are not trackable.
Listening in or viewing you on a smart device is the least the gov't's intellegence agencies can do. they do have satelites that can read the time on your watch from orbit. They have satelites that with the help of highly powerful software that can, as you discuss your secret plans, look at the vibrations created by your voice on the car window and restructure your conversation. Have not validated this but special cameras that can see through walls, brick and otherwise. It is part of advancements to GPR or ground penetrating radar. Remember that technically, the Gov and military are at least 20-30 years ahead of everything else. Many advancements have been made since the 50's with GPR and various technologies using IR (FLIR) and software to analyze and study frequency and vibration. Every human being has a distinct voice signature including finger prints and retna signature.
It's a long ongoing project to find and utilize every possible signature from a human body and the ones seeking more control of the human race will stop at nothing to find new ways to sneek-a-peek at us and new ways are in the works to increase and broaden their abilities to violate our rights.
Anyway, All the studies have been in the works since the late 50's/early 60's and will continue to advance but also advancing are the anti-Gov tricks to become invisible to cameras or preventing audio recording. It's a good thing to educate yourself a bit on how-to evade or protect yourself against these types of actions. We're not double agents so most of these types of technologies will most likely not get used on your average person.
Be Safe and well preppers.........................

I'm glad other people are making the parallel between Alexa and Skynet.

I don't understand why anyone would possibly want one, waste of money in my opinion and far too likely to bring back robots from the future to kill me before I become the leader of the resistance.

Actually come to think of it I have only had a smart phone for the last two years, until then I had managed without a mobile at all.

Convenient bit of kit, does lots of stuff but not long after I had it I was reading an article on the internet while... Dropping the kids off at the pool and a message came uo from Google that said I was 20 minutes from work in current traffic conditions!!!!!

Freaked me the F out I can assure you! It nearly got on the wrong side of my 14lb Maul but my wife persuaded me not to destroy it and that I could turn those tracking features off.

I still don't trust it now, it's going to be on the bottom of the North Sea at the first sign of trouble.

The first time I heard of these ‘smart’ devices that listen to everything I thought why would anyone want one? The more and more stories I read about them just reinforces these reservations. And I love the ‘I wouldn’t do that if I were you Dave ‘!!!!!

It's simple.

The concept of PRIVACY is completely lost on the newer generations. (as is not airing your dirty laundry in public)....

So, they see nothing wrong about such an intrusive device. I admit, there are features of them that are cool as hell, but not worth it to me. Heck, I'm a guy who disconnects the camera for the Wii and the X-Box unless I'm actually playing a game. Something I get to do about once or twice a year, lol. We mostly have them for friends' kids that visit the ranch with them.

Bigpaul, a burner phone is a cheap pre-payed mobile that you buy with cash so that there is no way to tie it to you. The idea is that you use it once or twice then "burn" it. "Burn" doesn't necessarily mean literally set it on fire, just destroy it and then bin it.

You can recharge them with cash though. My wife and I both use "burner" phones after getting sick of Verizon's insane monthly fees. (at first, they were the only carrier that got a signal out here, until others updated their networks). Part of us "cutting the cord".

The beauty of it is, we can still use all the features of our old Verizon smartphones, if using the mobile "hotspot" of the burners, for internet connection.

Latest posts

Back