Hello, another from DDP!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Bama! Have worked in Atlanta, still have kin there. Once spent 49days in the streams around Dahlonega panning for gold. No phone or tv, heaven.. 😁

This is in my neck of the woods now...
Bama shrimp 75ab a.JPG

Welcome from Bama! Have worked in Atlanta, still have kin there. Once spent 49days in the streams around Dahlonega panning for gold. No phone or tv, heaven.. 😁

View attachment 130249
Love Dahlonega, trying to find land up that way or further into N Georgia. More bears than people is what I want!

View attachment 130249
Where in Bama? Wife's family is from there. Carbon Hill, Fairfield and Nogasoga, spelling not right I'm sure.

Where in Bama? Wife's family is from there. Carbon Hill, Fairfield and Nogasoga, spelling not right I'm sure.
Not very far from Carbon Hill, half hour south and west. Bought my new bush hog in Nauvoo which is 8m from Carbon hill. Used to take calves up to Natural Bridge to sell at the stockyard. Oh, i think you're referring to Saragossa.

Not very far from Carbon Hill, half hour south and west. Bought my new bush hog in Nauvoo which is 8m from Carbon hill. Used to take calves up to Natural Bridge to sell at the stockyard. Oh, i think you're referring to Saragossa.
Notasugle is where my Wife's Father is from, Mother from Nauvoo. Then some from Jasper.

I posted something from Government Mule in one of the music threads a few weeks ago, the main guy was part of the new Skynyrd, I thought. Name escapes me.
Anyway, where ya been? About time ya got here!!
I'll have to check into that. Don't really know anyone from the "new" Skynyrd. Except Ricky Medlocke, Gary was an absolute jerk, not wanting to talk about a deceased person, but he was a prick!
Allen Collins was cool as heck! Even after a show, if we picked up a guitar to play, he would immediately grab his amd start playing. If you ever saw him in concert and how he jumped around, he would do that in a chair or on a couch also! That man had more energy than my 4yr old Granddaughter!

I posted something from Government Mule in one of the music threads a few weeks ago, the main guy was part of the new Skynyrd, I thought. Name escapes me.
Anyway, where ya been? About time ya got here!!
I actually wish I had known about this site before our move. Big site, going to take me awhile to see it all.
Cool y'all have a music thread, I definitely need to check that out.

Welcome from Florida, just 2.5 miles south of the Fla/Ga state line. I'm over in Georgia almost every day.
I have vacationed a number of times in the NE Georgia mountains, near Clayton.

I actually wish I had known about this site before our move. Big site, going to take me awhile to see it all.
Cool y'all have a music thread, I definitely need to check that out.
Actually we now have a few music threads. One was left to die and it was a good one. 😭 It’s okay to resurrect old threads if you see something that interests you or you’ve got good info to add.

Ever eat, or visit, the Dillard House?
Sounds familiar. I believe we have.
All that was in the area of 40 and 50 years ago, with Wife #1.
My memory is not the greatest.

Simpleman is the name and I am what the name states! Just a simpleman trying to make it thru live and not stepping on any toes or hurting anyone on the way! I don't post a lot at times but I am reading the boards often.
Not sure if my avatar is going to follow me or not, some like it and some don't, as for me, I don't care because I know what it really means. Time will tell!
So, Hello All!
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Sounds familiar. I believe we have.
All that was in the area of 40 and 50 years ago, with Wife #1.
My memory is not the greatest.
The Dillard House has been family owned and open since 1917. Big old house that sits up on a hill on the right as your leaving town going north. Just a little fyi in case anybody decides to venture to it. Though it was sold a couple years ago, it remains near the same but with more added.

Welcome! From SE Texas.... and little Bad Company

Different for sure.
Paul Rogers has changed his singing style so much it's hard to believe! I enjoyed Bad Company back in the day, not so much now. And him singing with Queen! No offense, but I thought I was going to puke! Lol
Nice to meet ya TexasCharm, have, or had, family there also! Not sure where, didn't really talk to them after my Father died in 71. More fun facts about me! Lol

<snip> And him singing with Queen! No offense, but I thought I was going to puke! Lol </snip>

LOL.. yeah, it was not good. Even Brian May calls that time "Um.. interesting, to say the least." I like Queen, and I like Paul Rodgers.. just not together!

Nice to meet ya TexasCharm,l</snip>
You too!

I love Queen, miss Freddie. I'm even ok with Adam Lambert singing with Queen. Love Bad Company, saw them 5 years ago, but Paul with Queen was intolerable! lol

Back