I am desiring to make a list of who (or what) to blame for prepping failure. Please HELP.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With age comes wisdom!! 😉
And treachery....

iu

I try to be as prepared as possible.
1724963321719.gif

older folks still think they can run and gun like they did at age 20 in military when all they done was training full time and PT daily.

older people think they can still shoot a handgun even thought they now have old timer shake and cant hold a plate or pistol still. i seen this in real life.

older people think i can still do xyz like i was 20...i seen this happen to a very close friend as he got older....it caused his death....he drown because he thought he could still swim like back in the day.

i am older...so dont anyone go getting the rear end at me like i am bashing seniors...i am pointing at myself here too.

ya gotta know real limits on yourself i tell ya.

p.s. pastor fox talked about this too...jumping in foxholes training aint as much fun as when you were young. i seen several guys in late 50's early 60's admitting to this the last while...reality set in...aint much fun suffering the next week from jumping over dirt mounds and picking rocks and more out of ya knees like it use to be.

also many dont realize all the hard stuff we done in younger years does take a toll on us later in life...look at football players taking all those hits over and over and over.
I agree, may I never be proving right! May I drift away in peaceful sleep, leaving the world in younger hands.
The best & greatest thing a old man can do is train a younger man to replace him.

So 80 or90 percent of the population??
Funny, also sad but true. Except I don’t think the percentage of people who fail to take full responsibility for their actions is quite that high - me being optimistic again?

Seems the practice of blaming someone else for failure is common. When the fact is that if a person takes the advice or experience of ours and applies it to their situation and it yields unsatisfactory results - that person didn’t correctly do all their homework.

Wait! It's prepper judgement day and .... the dog ate my food storage

Actually, we had some treats hidden in our food storage and the kids ate it! no kidding just empty wrappers, the daughter fell in love with MREs and she would help herself without telling us! I decided to use the MREs for a camping trip and nothing left but the yucky ones! :)

Thinking about this and the word that jumps out in the title is 'blame'.
It seems everyone has to have someone to blame for everything these days; maybe just take responsibility yourself?
Prep the best you can afford / want to/ can manage.If its not enough there's no point in blaming someone, just pick your sorry butt up and go to plan B.

Thinking about this and the word that jumps out in the title is 'blame'.
It seems everyone has to have someone to blame for everything these days; maybe just take responsibility yourself?
Prep the best you can afford / want to/ can manage.If its not enough there's no point in blaming someone, just pick your sorry butt up and go to plan B.
even if something drops from a plane and hits you, you have to take responsibility for being where it landed.

The "Blame" Falls on the One...!!!

Latest posts

Back