I nearly "NEVER" ever open anything in the Political Forum here.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nearly never open anything here, either. For example, I get the "Yesterday's Forum Activity" emails and wanted to open one titled, "You might want to increase your focus on "BIG WAR" increasing probability" today. It had 14 new posts yesterday. When I clicked the link to open the message, I got an "Oops! We ran into some problems." message saying "You don't have permission to view this page or perform this action". Can't find the message thread by searching, either. This happens often. Why?
You must request permission to enter the political forum because thick skin is required.
Just PM an admin for free access.
It is to protect users with thin-skin.

You must request permission to enter the political forum because thick skin is required.
Just PM an admin for free access.
It is to protect users with thin-skin.
Ah. :) Thank you.

I nearly never open anything here, either. For example, I get the "Yesterday's Forum Activity" emails and wanted to open one titled, "You might want to increase your focus on "BIG WAR" increasing probability" today. It had 14 new posts yesterday. When I clicked the link to open the message, I got an "Oops! We ran into some problems." message saying "You don't have permission to view this page or perform this action". Can't find the message thread by searching, either. This happens often. Why?
Me Thinks that getting a Year Sub will get One in there also...?!?

I watch politics through a history lens, so I don't think I have been there but a couple of times since I came.

May be more to look I don't care much about bringing it here into the safe and sound zone of the family.
I may spout some political stuff on occasion but if it is out of line I welcome the Admin or mods moving or deleting it and letting me know.
Most of the time it is just a sudden thought that jumped to the top.

An essential part of prepping is keeping up on current events. Current events is, primarily, politics. Prepping without politics is like going to the dentist without getting a shot. Not many subjects are completely politics free. For example, gardening is relatively politics free in Alaska. That is not true in other States. Sourdough, I’ll try but remember, I don’t read the OP the second and subsequent visits to the thread.

Yup.

Like being polite at a dinner....

And don't mention the pope or politics.

Ben
I have a gay bother in law, he a great guy, I went to school with him & his wife/well ex wife now.
In 2016 they learned to stay away from political topics at dinner & we get alone fine to this day.
I did not start anything political, I will give a friendly I disagree, ready to back up what I believe.
We do not talk about the Trans movement, I have met five or six gay/ trans friends of his.
If I can keep my opinions to my self with those very passionate people, then I should be Abe to stay calm with anyone.
So I do not see why we can not agree to disagree & move on, cause it is not worth the time to type it with people who have never shared a coffee or dinner with me. At 64 life is to short to fight with people over something that has a 50% chance of never happening.
Now I will go compost my soap box.

Latest posts

Back