I noticed this on my odometer

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clipper

Dirty White Boy
Neighbor
This is my 2003 Ford Taurus SES. I bought it used in 11/2008 with 83K on the odo. Today I noticed how close I'm getting to hit 100K.

It'll be a while before it does, I don't drive much. :confused;

Wow, 9 years and only 15,000 miles? WOW!

We put that much a year on ours.

We had a 86 Taurus wagon had over 300,000......... bought an 05 Taurus wagon, sold the old one for junk, they drove it away. The 05 has a 175,000 on it, we also have 03 Chrysler Voyager with 86,000 on it. I think next year we are going to have a NEW Escape !......................

Last edited by a moderator:
Vehicles generally last a long time if you keep the maintenance up on them.

My every day driver is a dodge with a 2.4 liter engine, it has 207,000 on it and still running well. I inherited my dads pickup, he gave it to me a few monts before he died, told me to use it as a trade for a new truck, but too many fishing trips together in it. I am in the process of fixing it up. It has nearly 370,000 on it. :wink:

I had 5 oil changes so far but this time it is synth oil. That turned into a smooth and quiet running engine. Should've done that sooner. I'd have to say this is the best car I ever bought.

I call it my sweet chariot. :lil guy:

I had 5 oil changes so far but this time it is synth oil. That turned into a smooth and quiet running engine. Should've done that sooner. I'd have to say this is the best car I ever bought.

I call it my sweet chariot. :lil guy:

It has a 3.0 liter OHV right ?..................

Just barely broken in. Oh wait, that is a Ford, right? better start shoppin! :pokestick:
IMG_2642.JPG

The legendary "Ol' Mudslinga' " (inside joke for Phideaux)
Still on the same tires.:eek:
Just broken-in good.
Soon to haul 20 metric-tons of crap to Louisiana...

Still on the same tires too and the wear indicators is showing. Luckily I passed the inspection this month so I'm good for another year. Gonna have to start saving up for new tires.

I just put 4 new tires on the Voyager, just under 400 bucks !.......................:wink:

Don't get off the pavement ,
You'll get stuck...them tires was wore out 2 years ago.

Jim
Actually, that was 2013, so 4 years ago.
Time flies when yer havin' fun!
High-five.gif

That sounds like me, I don't ever buy more than ONE set of tires for a vehicle, Get a vehicle put on new tires, when they are wore out, get another vehicle !...............

I don't think my tires will be under $400 new. Not with 16" wheels.

I don't think my tires will be under $400 new. Not with 16" wheels.

When I put new ones on my 05 they were under a 100 bucks each, but that was 3 or 4 years ago to, I'm sure they are a little more now !...............And you gotta know your tire guy................:D

Well, bust my britches...

At that rate...you will get another 4 yrs outta them:bigeyes:
Of course they were 5-years old when I got the truck in 2012...
:rolleyes:
I hate to throw away perfectly good tires just because they are worn.
:D
I could get another 4 years out of 'em...
But before I go pulling a trailer loaded with priceless junk in October, I will have to get them replaced.
frown.gif

Are you moving down there?
Jim
Yeah. I will have a new occupation: Care-giver for the elderly.
Her parents said they will never go into a nursing-home so we will be there until the end. We'll be moving in with them.
It's only fair after dragging her up to the armpit of America for 27 years. When I retire in October, we will have no reason to stay here.
@Wife: Whither thou goest, I shall follow...
bow.gif

If you want to find me, I'll be in a 10x10 cell, er I mean bedroom.
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back