I started a youtube channel about my homestead and the things I do.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great video! I like the added details such as the artwork and the net storage above the bed. If I bring the mead, can I join the camp?

Great video! I like the added details such as the artwork and the net storage above the bed. If I bring the mead, can I join the camp?

Yep. If you ever find yourself in MT, send me a message. One thing I like about the wagon, is that I can be 'at home' and hang out with people....without actually having to have people at my home. Its kind of a solution to the issue of maintaining opsec, and having any kind of social life. There are probably a hundred people now who have seen the war wagon in person. There are about three, outside my family, who have seen it at home.

Something I'm finding out....or rather rediscovering as I have many times before, its the details in a living space that are what makes it actually functional.

The first time I took the War Wagon camping, it was not a great experience...even though by volume, it was 99% complete. But the little things like the nets, or coat hooks on the walls, make all the difference.

Also liked your giro one. Making my mouth water.

I am STILL eating leftovers.

So the backstory of gyro's is that about 20 years ago someone else was cooking them at an event for the first time. They told someone else to start the fire and this guy....was not good at it.

I had a reputation as a bit of a pyro so the guy running the kitchen, simply said "Aerindel! Fire!" after watching the other guy struggle with it for 20 minutes. and I went to work. Since I started the fire, I ended up turning the spit.

The deal was as long as I turned the spit, the cook would keep me supplied with margaritas. He had a 2 cycle blender.....yes....a gasoline, 2 cycle powered blender...that he was using at camp to make the ice.

The idea stuck and years later I decided to try doing gyro cooks at events myself and my and my wife worked out all the math so we could make it simple.

The reason I have leftovers, is because at the last event, a lot of people left early because of the weather (100º+) so I only had about half the usual costumers. It costs $170 in food to do gyro's for 35-40 people, I usually charge $10 a head, which leaves me with enough leftover to cover gas and my own event fees.

I broke even on ingredients, but took about half of them home with me this time.

..the little things like the nets, or coat hooks on the walls, make all the difference.

..Similar thinking whence I was 'stashoarding' for pending Canvas Wall-Tent Life, years back..

3d132a7cf46feb3de5a9278db7ca2f19.jpg
..yanno.. for "storage" near the bed, glued / sewed-on, etc :cool:

..Still keep 'em for the 12th of Who Knows When.. ;)

jd

Back