In case the dollar fails...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilliamGates

Friend
Neighbor
A lot of folks are saying we should put our money in gold, but I just read a book I got on Amazon books titled "Good as Gold: How to Profit from the Coming Boom in Copper" . In the book I came to see that it probably makes more sense to hoard copper. I suggest all preppers read it. I got my copy on a free promo. It may still be going on.
51YxQDjtYOL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Immediately following the collapse of the dollar would be a global economic collapse.
The only things that would be worth squat are real items, vs. precious metals.
Food, weapons, ammo, medicine, clothing, shelter, luxuries (alcohol, tobacco, drugs), etc. will all be the real items in demand.

Immediately following the collapse of the dollar would be a global economic collapse.
Food, weapons, ammo, medicine, clothing, shelter, luxuries (alcohol, tobacco, drugs), etc. will all be the real items in demand.
According to the book "Good as Gold" you may want to have as much copper as you can get your hands on. You should check it out. I think it's free on Amazon for a while.

im with gazrok on this..which means if i really and truly had a use and need for copper.i wont trade for it..which means if i could make something out of it that i need,i'll have a use for it.other then that.it's just as worthless as a ship wreck at the bottom of the ocean to me in a shtf situation..and to top it off.i live in a area where i can go into certain areas and collect it if needed..

im with gazrok on this..which means if i really and truly had a use and need for copper.i wont trade for it..which means if i could make something out of it that i need,i'll have a use for it.other then that.it's just as worthless as a ship wreck at the bottom of the ocean to me in a shtf situation..and to top it off.i live in a area where i can go into certain areas and collect it if needed..

You're imagining a total collapse. I'm referring to a situation where pennies would become a durable means of exchange that could be easily melted down if you needed them for any other purpose. Just think of all the uses for copper.

Any pennies after 1982 are mostly zinc vs copper
Still amazes me that it costs almost two cents to make one of the useless things. This was a good point though, as collecting some older pennies would be cheap, since gold and silver are so hard to afford now. I thought it might be worthwhile to try and make bullets out of them, but that's all I came up with so far. I'm still favoring the "real items". I also prep to help my family, not to trade and make a profit, so tangible things I need daily are more valuable to me than gold, silver or even copper.

You're imagining a total collapse. I'm referring to a situation where pennies would become a durable means of exchange that could be easily melted down if you needed them for any other purpose. Just think of all the uses for copper.

if we see another collapse like we had in 2008..but where some banks closed down permanently while others remained open.yes we'd still have a need for them..but what if we did see a total collapse of the dollar? then penny's would be as useless as a tooth pick in a swimming pool to me..so if i was to collect copper in any form,it'd be in the way of copper tubing. on account the tubing can be used as is.or melted down,then made into something else.like bullets..or maybe door hings,window latches.and fire pits..then there's people with solar/wind/ power.they need wiring..so if i could make wiring for them.then id have a use for copper..

Latest posts

Back