internet

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm.... I understood exactly jack Bill. My brain doesn't work that way. Now if you were to put me next to you while building it, I could understand what you were doing and this is why I most likely won't go solar. Heck, I don't even have a generator, I don't 'get' them. Yeah, I know that sounds lame as heck, but I'm being honest. If we lose the grid, I'll have my candles, lamps, and lanterns for light, the springhouse to keep my food cold, wood to heat the house, water and to cook with, I have the horses to haul me hither and yon. I was born in the wrong time.

I wish that I could 'see in my head' what you are talking about. Maybe at the meet you can walk me through something simple. I feel kind of stupid here, but just being honest.:(

What you are calling stupid is rediculious . I'll say it another way. ......people if the grid goes down very long....we are going to have to imitate Old Anorak's lifestyle. Like it or not....your not gonna have all your toys. We are gonna have to suck it up , wipe the tears out of our eyes, quit crying about what we don't have any more,and do what we as Americans quit doing a long time ago....sweat and work hard to get what we need....like people used to do.

exactly bill..and anoark..there's nothing wrong with the way you choose to live..even like bill said.you wont have certain things when we end off the grid..and to me thats a pluse,on acount that means less for you to do when it it comes a new way of life for all of us..less you have to do to adapt the better for you and family..

exactly bill..and anoark..there's nothing wrong with the way you choose to live..even like bill said.you wont have certain things when we end off the grid..and to me thats a pluse,on acount that means less for you to do when it it comes a new way of life for all of us..less you have to do to adapt the better for you and family..
Bullseye jim

Bub a there's a lot of old windmills in your neck of the woods a guy can pick up for a song.just remember that the windmill spins on its axis as the wind changes direction and your power connection has to swivel with it. Try taking a 1" long piece of copper pipe wrapining it with an insulated bushing from 1" ID to 2" OD with another copper pipe 2" another insulated bushing in concentric circles around the axis bearing .solder on two wires from the bottom to run down the tower and align two brushes two travel the power head at the top. I'll just draw you a picture. Call me if you need help.
Good luck and Godspeed.
IMG_20130528_015128_178.jpg

Some people are under the misapprehension that when the SHTF there is going to be power to run computers and other electrical appliances, But will there be power?
if its an EMP everything is gone . Question, Can we prep for every eventuality?

This is how I look at it. When the shtf our governments will most likely lock down the web. Computers will be but a thing of the past and people will actually have to learn how to have face to face conversations once again. What a novel idea, huh?

Latest posts

Back