just goes to show Police HAVE lost control of the streets.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@bigpaul First take back your country and then you can take back your law enforcement. Arm the police (all of them) and then march into these NO-GO zones and give them an attitude adjustment. Any that fail to fall in line, deport. Your country, not the immigrants, they adjust or they go away. Same for my country.

@bigpaul First take back your country and then you can take back your law enforcement. Arm the police (all of them)...
I was watching some British cop show, and a policeman decided he needed to check out a gun, basically for self defense because he thought he was in danger. When he wore it into the police station, the other cops had conniption fits and he was told not to bring that thing back in there again.

To an American, it was so absurd I was laughing my ass off.

I don't think arming all the police in the UK will ever fly...too much hoplophobia among the police.

@DrHenley

When enough of them get their heads handed (literally) to themselves, they will see the writing on the wall. Unfortunately the writing will be in their own blood. SIASD

we do have armed cops in Britain, they are called "the armed response unit" but not your ordinary cop.

we do have armed cops in Britain, they are called "the armed response unit" but not your ordinary cop.
What we call "Swat Teams." Dressed and equipped more like paramilitary units than regular police. Yes, I was aware of them, hence the use of the word "all."

Our law enforcement is decentralized. We have entirely different law enforcement organizations in the countryside than in the cities. Here, "Sheriffs" are not ceremonial, but are generally the chief law enforcement authorities of the county like the English sheriffs of old. Usually it is the sheriff's departments that have jurisdiction outside the cities, and the sheriffs are elected by the county at large. You get too many people out in the country complaining about not getting response from law enforcement, and somebody else gets elected as sheriff next time around. Sheriff's deputies are usually more in touch with the community than city police, and are much more likely to have citizens come to their aid than are city police. Sheriffs and their deputies are generally much more supportive of individual firearm ownership than are Police chiefs and city policemen. Hell, across the river in Alabama, the Russel County Sheriff's department lets the general public use their indoor shooting range!

Last edited:
we have county forces in the UK, usually 2 together, hence Devon and Cornwall, Avon and Somerset etc.etc.

most are appointed as far as I can find out, commissioner is elected I think as that is more of a political appointment.

Latest posts

Back